Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

i'm a complete beginner: please help

Chat and ask questions about the RPG Maker Mode here.
Jordan Ashby
Name: Jordan
IRC Username: Jordy

i'm a complete beginner: please help

Post by Jordan Ashby »

hello, i am a new user and i am confused about some things.i want to work in RPG mode. i was looking around the data folder at my cfg files. most of it didn't make sense to me. i did find the tips folder and changed the messages for one of the games. i have too many questions to ask them now as far as adding NPCs and quest-lines and such. i can't find any tutorials for the complete beginner. the ones i find assume i know about how to mess with cfg files, where to find the ones i need and all that.
if someone could direct me to the right info that would be awesome.
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: i'm a complete beginner: please help

Post by Hirato »

http://www.sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/in ... G_tutorial

a bit out of date, but it should get you up to speed with the basics, if you're having trouble, consult the examples in data/rpg/games/default/
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Jordan Ashby

Post by Jordan Ashby »

thanks that does help. a lot of it is still over my head. part two adding the first NPC is a little confusing for me. something will probable click here soon.
Jordan Ashby

Post by Jordan Ashby »

it would be awesome if there was a video showing somebody adding a NPC, arranging the cfg files, adding to/changing the default scripts, and setting up a tutorial playlist for the novice user. i'm sure i'm not the only one who wants to use this without already knowing about script editing. one minute i think i'm starting to understand and the next i am confused again. i am by no means a computer guy but i'm not a total dummy with them.