Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Is there a way to change maps without a loading screen?

Chat and ask questions about the RPG Maker Mode here.
5ro4

Is there a way to change maps without a loading screen?

Post by 5ro4 »

When teleporting from one map to another, there's always a load screen in between, even if short. I need to get rid of that, making the change instantaneous, like when you teleport in the same map.

Is there a way to load a map before actually teleporting to it? Can someone give me some guidance here?
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Re: Is there a way to change maps without a loading screen?

Post by Leo_V117 »

As far as I know, the loading screen is part of the map loading process, and unless you were to combine your maps, there is no way to skip this.
manzila
Name: Manzla
IRC Username: Manzila

Post by manzila »

I don't think there is anyway to skip this.
sabakanwal
Name: asdf qwe
IRC Username: asdfdf

Post by sabakanwal »

So my question is: Is there any way that I can dedicate more memory to the client so that it can handle such "t-joint fixes", or is there a way that I can temporarily disable the "fixing t-joint" on map/game load so that I can at least get back into my game. I know there is also the option of simply rolling back my ogz from one of the BAK files (my_stuff > packages > base > rpg - for anyone who doesn't know where your map data is saved), however I feel that rolling back will only take me back to a point before the T-joints start causing an issue and I will eventually come up against the issue again.
You can easily check out our high quality 70-414 exam dump which prepares you well for the test-king.org - HP2-B109 dumps You can also get success in real ju with the qualitywww.rasmussen.edu and Southern California Institute of Architecture
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

the t-joint thing generates extra triangles from the geometry. you'll see it very clearly with outline mode on.
Basically wherever there's a t-joint, there can be sparklies, basically a pixel or two that lets you see through a wall.

Map backups don't affect this at all, and it shouldn't take too long.
but if you want to turn that off, the command is /filltjoints 0
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless