Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

adding hudguns to RPG

Chat and ask questions about the RPG Maker Mode here.
Ghostman Gaming
Name: Tyler Mangino
IRC Username: ghostman1996

adding hudguns to RPG

Post by Ghostman Gaming »

I am currently developing a Mafia game and have a few questions.
first off since my game is a modern day mafia game it needs modern guns. I have gun map models set aside to use in the game but i have the problem of figuring out how to make the guns appear in the players hands like they do in FPS mode. if anyone knows how to do it or has some suggestions that would be helpful.
my second issue is the bullets after they are fired from the gun i need them to shoot from the gun, but i also want them to drop at a certain point like bullets do in real life, but i have no idea how to do this? any help or suggestions are welcome on this topic.
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: adding hudguns to RPG

Post by Hirato »

I'm not sure if hudguns are functional in the 2.8.x release.
If they are, you can specify it with the r_item_use_hudmdl configuration command.

No tags from the model are currently used.
3rd person models (r_item_use_vwepmdl) using part_start and part_end tags for idle particle emissions ( r_item_use_idlefx )
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
booboofinger
Name: jon

Post by booboofinger »

At the risk of necro posting...
Did anyone find out for sure if guns and projectile weapons are possible in RPG mode?
Ghostman Gaming
Name: Tyler Mangino
IRC Username: ghostman1996

Post by Ghostman Gaming »

Yes projectile weapons are passable. You can code the gun and bullet similar to the bow and arrow in the default RPG map. To add the effect of the guns flash the bullet trail ,and impact can be coded in the effects folder. Unfortunately I do not have any example scripts yet but when I do I will post them.