Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Improving The Community Ideas

This section is for people interested in advancing Sandbox to be the best it can be.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Improving The Community Ideas

Post by Mike »

What ideas do you think could help improve the community? What can we do to bring the community more together and create a sense of community and togetherness and also of course, have fun together!

Ideas I have are:
- Social site where people can show off their projects and have screenshots post to the front page
- Form a team dedicated to posting more mapping and content contests
- A FPS league and tournaments
- More meetings?
- Coop edit events/meetups?
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
personman61
Name: jeremy

Re: Improving The Community Ideas

Post by personman61 »

Here is a few ideas,
1. Open up a server and have fun on twitch.
2. Some how make the community come together and try to build a 5 min game on twitch.
3. Show the general idea of the game and how to make basic textures, model, and etc on twitch.
4. Something stupid, that gets my attention, on twitch.
5. Any thing on Twitch or youtube that people would care about.
6. Also all of the videos on sandbox are only one person; I did not know the game had two players until i downloaded it. Change that.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Awesome and #6 is super insightful, thank you!
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
personman61
Name: jeremy

Post by personman61 »

You know that when there hasn't been a post on the Advancement Committee for over a week, that we are not Advancing much. Some how get people attracted to these pages, like post up some more information everyday.
Wind Astella
Name: Nik Mirza
IRC Username: windastella

Post by Wind Astella »

When the first time I discover the engine, I was surprised that this engine forum was less lively than a 2D game engine forum i was once active.
Here is few suggestion that i think the community should consider about.

1. The forum should be updated regularly. The tutorial should be cleared from the outdated one or make a list base on the version of the tutorial work.
There should also be more contest in the forum.

2. Organising more contest in the forum. The should be base on the principle of developing game. Exp. level design, texture, modeling, concept art
and game soundtrack. This will attract new member their respective set of skills.

3. The engine need a more detail advertisement. Post about the engine in other forum, maybe another engine forum or any forum related to game designing.
The engine should be demonstrated with a detail Tech Demo on the feature it got. This will attract more member also.

4. Make a successful game using the engine. We will see D's which is in the making.

That is all I had in mind right now. I hope this will help the community.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Awesome ideas, what did you mean about the forum being updated regularly? How exactly should it be updated? More contests is great and I love the other ideas, I'm definitely taking them to heart! Thank you for your post!
-mike
Wind Astella

Post by Wind Astella »

I should correct myself. I mean Organised Properly.

Adding more section in the forum would help. Section like forum game can be another reason a member would online in this forum and keep it lively.

There just should be more moderator I think that always watch what people post and organise the forum and online on daily basis

As I suggested, the tutorial should be sort to make easier for newb to navigate searching for tutorial based on the version of engine they were using. Outdated useless one should be cleared to avoid confusion and put modeling, concept art, level design tutorial in their respective section.

That is my eleboration on the issue. Thank Mike.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

You definitely have me thinking and I'm definitely going to be doing lots these next few weeks and on!! :D
Wind Astella

Post by Wind Astella »

Mike I has another suggestion for the community. Can you make a custom version section. This section is dedicated to the modded version of the engine so that everyone can share their version. The section will also encourage the community to become a better developer, by learning to program share the engine with their own feature which lead to further development of the engine.

Thanks Mike
sanimirza
Name: mnjbhg
IRC Username: rtrt

Post by sanimirza »

Awesome, thanks! I think I'm going to setup a private facebook group for those most interested in being a part of the committee. That way I won't have an overflow of posts and the general public can just post in this section
Pass your C2010-590 exam dump and testking.net - 1z0-521 dumps in first try by using our guaranteed Olivet Nazarene University and olivet and best quality Rasmussen College