Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Wolf3D

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
johnno56
Name: John

Wolf3D

Post by johnno56 »

Mike,

I am trying to create a map of Wolfenstien3D (the old DOS version). I have printed the map and building it with Sandbox. My problem is, doors. The stock doors are too big. Is there a way to edit them to create smaller doors? In the original game, the metal door, would slide open to either the left or right. I am not too fussy about how the door opens, whether a normal swing or a slide door, does not bother me. I just need a door of normal size. ie: one person at a time Standard 6 foot by 2 foot. If the stock doors can not be modified, how do I make a standard door?

ps: I made the map size too big. I know that /mapenlarge will make it bigger, but how to I make it smaller? Normally I would start with the right sized area before building... but I got a bit carried away... :?

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wolf3D

Post by Mike »

Hi John! I love wolfenstien 3D (though it isn't kid friendly :D). If you want to change the size of the door you can go into where they are found, in packages/models and then whichever doors you mean. Then in that folder find the mdl.cfg Now in that mdl.cfg enter for example mdlscale 100 Play around with the values a bit, but just as an example, Cabzilla is just a regular cabbage golem with mdlscale 5000 :D Also are you using the SVN version or 2.3? Ahab made some really cool doors for our SVN/development version that you might want to check out.

For making your map too big, I would simple use G + mousewheel to make a super huge grid size and cut out parts of the map I don't want :) Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Dannyboi
Name: Danny

Post by Dannyboi »

If I were you I would make a new door because even though we have good ones, we need more of a choice all my house or buildings dont have doors because there all to big. it would be a big help if you did, but its your choice.

Danny
I'm BAAAACK!!! >:D
johnno56

Post by johnno56 »

Mike,

Thanks for the tips. I should have guessed the "G" key, as I have used it to change grid sizes within my map. I am running 2.3 on Linux.

Danny,

I will check out the info supplied by mike and attempt to create a "normal" door. Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

J

Live long and prosper.
johnno56

Post by johnno56 »

Mike,

Tried the mdlscale 50, within the md3.cfg of packages/models/doors/door_02, no luck. I even created an mdl.cfg within the same directory using mdlscale 50. Same result. When placing the model within the map, the model remained its original size.

Any tutorials on creating the models using "blender"? Can other models from Sauerbraten be imported? (seeing Sandbox uses the same engine..) You mentioned a user by the name of Ahab? Can the models from the SVN version be imported? (I can not find the SVN version of Sandbox for Linux - only 2.3 and 2.2.4)

J

Live long and prosper.