Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Just wondering

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
adree
Name: adree
IRC Username: adree

Just wondering

Post by adree »

Is there anyway i could use what i created in sandbox and use it on a website, if so, how?
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: Just wondering

Post by chocolatepie33 »

that usually depends on what you specifically mean by "use" it on a website, if you created a game you would have to follow the licenses of the content (e.g. textures and such) used within the game. Some textures could be licensed as being non-commercial, meaning you can't sell the game. However, if you create a wallpaper or something freely distributed, I don't think that would be a problem. Quite a few of us regulars here have used Sandbox for different school purposes. Arc did a theatre from London, I've done Greek buildings, a former member did a war simulation, I believe... you get the idea.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

chocolatepie33 wrote:I've done Greek buildings
You must show me those sometime ;D
adree wrote:Is there anyway i could use what i created in sandbox and use it on a website, if so, how?
If by use on a website you mean some sort of in-browser game, then no. Some reasons being:
1. There is nothing that supports Sandbox in that way.
2. Sandbox itself doesn't have the capabilities for a web player.

Unity3D is able to do that, but it requires extra programs to use...
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

@arc: those are some good points. I remember reading on Quadropolis about a guy that wanted to use Cube 2 as a sort of "3D desktop" similar to Bumptop, or something like that. Sandbox actually could sort of be used in an "in-browser" (as you like to call it) game, if you took a movie from Sandbox and put it in as part of a Flash game. Unity3D is a pretty good program, but to actually use it costs loads of money.

Offtopic: actually, I think I deleted the Greek stuff, this was 8th grade (2 years ago), that could be my next project, however... make'em bigger and better. I'll show you that instead.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!