Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Super Ogro Kart

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Ghostman Gaming
Name: Tyler Mangino
IRC Username: ghostman1996

Super Ogro Kart

Post by Ghostman Gaming »

i just released a demo for my new game Super Ogro Kart. its free to download follow the link https://sourceforge.net/projects/superogrokart/ i made it for windows and linux so if your using mac you may need to convert the files. i'm hoping in the next version of sandbox they add online play so people can have races online :o :o :o :shock:
Ghostman Gaming

Re: Super Ogro Kart

the full version releases on November 14.
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

You can trick it (jump over the barricades and drive on the volcano). You could invisible walls with the clip material.
Oh and it needs more details.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

I haven't seen much of it yet, you should have some kind of video or more screenshots in addition to the demo.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Ghostman Gaming

this is only the demo map i will fix the problems i do have a web and facebook page for it to http://skypha.com/super-ogro-kart.html
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

1. I suggest you change the name, as "Super Ogro Kart" sounds a lot like Super Tux Kart or other kart racing games.
2. You have maybe 3 pictures of the game. that's not much of a preview. A video would still be nice. The more action people can see, the more likely they'll try out the demo.
3. Looking at the demo, it's not even technically a demo; it's a map with a TON of unnecessary .bak files. Remove them. Also get rid of the thumbs.db files.
4. The way you're trying to market this is as a separate game or a mod when it's not quite that way. I realize the demo is a single map and that there will be more, but to make this your own game, you're going to have to change some things, especially since the vehicle simulator in Sandbox is not in development and is unfinished.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Ghostman Gaming

first thanks for trying the demo. Second i do not know how to compile the bak. files or how to make one file. I would like to add multiplayer but i am not sure how? third i have more photos coming i have a friend making me promo photos with gfx software and I know a guy who does a web tv show thats going to do a promo episode. the name is called Super Ogro Kart becuse thats the name of the ogre models that are in sandbox i just figured it would work.
Ghostman Gaming

kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

Ghostman Gaming wrote:first thanks for trying the demo. Second i do not know how to compile the bak. files or how to make one file.
The .bak files are just backup files! If you rename them you can load them normally.
If you want to have a standalone version, you can use the .sh (Linux) and .bat (Windows) which come with PAS. You do need the bin(the krs binaries) and data (not the rpg stuff) folder and the textures, models, sounds,music and maps in packages you use.
Ghostman Gaming wrote:the name is called Super Ogro Kart becuse thats the name of the ogre models that are in sandbox i just figured it would work.
If you keep the name, you should change the car model to a kart driven by an ogro model.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
Ghostman Gaming

in the final version it will have the ogre driving the car