Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

new user with stupid questions.

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Divide

new user with stupid questions.

Post by Divide »

Hello,
I am having a hard time getting started. I made a simple torus shape and unwrapped it in 3ds max. i have a texture map for it too.I tried making a folder with the texture, the object and a cfg file. Not sure if i did that right.
I tried saving it as obj. I can not load it. i get error loading object. I have older blender and i tried exporting as md2 and i get error from blender cant find texture or something.would rather not use blender realy hate it. Im stuck can anyone help me out?
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Re: new user with stupid questions.

Post by kddekadenz »

Welcome to the forums!
To add static models you can use multiple ways. The simplest one is to create a folder in /packages/models. This have to contain: the model, the skin and a obj.cfg.
Name the model tris and the skin skin. In this case the obj.cfg can be empty.
Alternatively you can use objload to load a model with any name - you can read more about how to add models here: http://sauerbraten.org/docs/models.html

To add custom models to your map, you need to add to your maps cfg:

Code: Select all

mmodel "path to model"
A note about the path: it is not your system path, it is where to find it in the model folder, e.g. mmodel "divide/apple", if the model is in packages/models/divide/apple.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox