Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

New menu for waterwars

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
stealthpanda1

New menu for waterwars

Post by stealthpanda1 »

Hey, so I have taken a break from my current project to asess something that has been buggin me for a very long time: the sandbox interface. In my opinion, PAS needs a interface revamp, and since watergunwars is going to be geared towards kids, I think it would be cool to give it a comic book style menu. So lately, I have played with taking screenshots and using them as references when making comicbook scenes to represent different menu items. However, while I can manage the art, it would be hard for me to code for a new menu, so I am humbly asking the community for help and support. Do you like this idea? Would anyone here know or even be willing to code for a new menu?
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: New menu for waterwars

Post by chocolatepie33 »

This sounds like a great idea, but I don't think the coding really needs much of a change. What files are you modifying? Are you rearranging the menu and its various options, or are you just planning on making a new UI theme? The menus just got revamped and it'd be a little more than very confusing for it to happen again. Also, I'd like to see some of the art you have right now.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
stealthpanda1

Post by stealthpanda1 »

ill post some soon
stealthpanda1

Post by stealthpanda1 »

here is some basic concept art I made for ww, and if you are curious, the portrayed character is mr.fixit from saurebraten. This was mostly done as a brainstorming concept, and a chance for everyone to see what I can do. It is currently displayed under gallery...and keep in mind that the real thing will look better than this
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Oh, wow, that changes things... I thought you meant you were going to change the background menu images (found within main/data/newui).

Also, I'd look up "stefos" (a former member here) and look at his comics made in Sandbox, you may be able to learn from them. If you did go for a comic-book style as what you've shown, that would be a great way to introduce the game and other stuff.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
stealthpanda1

Post by stealthpanda1 »

you misunderstand, I mean to use this art as background images in comic form. This is concept art to show you the style i am shooting 4