Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Mac version

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Mac version

Post by siimvuss »

Hello everyone!
Some of you folks who have been here for a long time may remember me, if you do then it's nice seeing you again. But this is not the case why I'm here.

I'm here because my younger brother would like to use the program, however he has a mac and as I saw, there is no mac version atm.
I should be able to just download the svn version and compile it myself right? or is there something more to it (maybe some parts are not compatible with mac etc)?
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Re: Mac version

Post by siimvuss »

Any info on this?
bythewaybtw

Post by bythewaybtw »

No doubt the majority of this forum comprises Windows users, followed by Linux users, and then there's we the feeble few Mac users. I'm sure this thread has been seen by many, yet all of them are Windows-oriented and thinking "you've got Bootcamp; quit whining and just switch over to Windows and run it on there." It's a fair enough point, but I agree that it would be nice to NOT have to switch over to virus-land just to be able to use a program that's been out for SIX years now and has versions deemed "multi-platform" that ironically STILL don't accommodate the leading brand of technology out there.

My guess is that they're going to keep saying "hopefully soon!" under the "Mac Version" section on their bare-bones website for another five years, when it will have taken Windows having all but completely fallen by the wayside for them to realize they should have been just the slightest more considerate in the first few years of Platinum Arts Sandbox's existence. That's the whole problem, here: if this program had only come out a few years back (even though Apple was at its zenith, then, and it wouldn't really have made sense to come out with a non-compatible program), then it might be excusable.

This is the sixth year. Get it together, Platinum Arts.
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

We have had occasional Mac builds, but there's no one here who can consistently build them, so...
Are you volunteering?
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Eagle
Name: Vickie Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I need a mac version, I could build it.

Always~
I put time in a bottle ... just saying :))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~