Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Which mode would work best?

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
rentaldog
Name: rin

Which mode would work best?

Post by rentaldog »

Hello!

I recently found PAS and was wondering if the creator could be used to host D&D sessions. I would like to have a few people that I know work on building a world over time. What mode would be best for this sort of goal, or is it even possible?

Multiplayer is a must, since several people from the group would need to be able to log in and play.
Quests would be needed, and so would the associated NPCs.

Is something like this possible?
northstar
Name: steven

Re: Which mode would work best?

Post by northstar »

yeah i think that can be done... but i don't know how to do it

ummm... i think "red eclipse" is an online co-op made from the cube 2 engine... someone in here will know
rentaldog
Name: rin

Post by rentaldog »

Thanks, ill try to research that a bit.

So far i've played with the general edit mode and I enjoy the creation aspect. Im sure it will get easier and faster/better as I get used to it, and some of the worlds I have seen look really good. Just hope theres a way to meld this with D&D :P seems like it would be a neat way to make some coop RPG's to play with friends online
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

Sandbox really is far from ideal for such a purpose, and none of the included game modes are really suitable for it either.

If you want to play tabletop with strangers over the net, I'd suggest you check out http://roll20.net/ and its kin.
Or if you feel really brave, try to reimplement a common subset of functionality.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless