Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

RPG dialogue Development Enviroment

Section for submitting new content to Sandbox, such as maps, code, etc.
Kids are also more than welcome to submit their work with parental permission!
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Re: RPG dialogue Development Enviroment

Post by kddekadenz »

:roll:
I did not really try Java (just took a quick look at Eclipse), but I think there are obviously languages, the performance is better. Also, I'm having problems myself with the Java plugin for my browser.
I aim to learn a new coding language, but I don't think it will be Java.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

I wasn't planning on using Java... But the Java Swing environment is pretty good, and the whole IDE is pretty useful. It's a darn-sight better than the language you used as you can export files to text so the users can actually utilize the scripts.
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

Leo_V117 wrote:I wasn't planning on using Java... But the Java Swing environment is pretty good, and the whole IDE is pretty useful. It's a darn-sight better than the language you used as you can export files to text so the users can actually utilize the scripts.
I don't doubt that it is better than Scratch. Like I pointed out, I only used it because it is pretty easy to create quick prototypes with it.
For the PAS Obj Importer, I used Lazarus. It is free, the user interface is ok, I'm familiar with the language and it is relatively easy to provide executables for other OS. Oh, and this one is a text-based language,yes.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox