Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Does PAS need a locomotive map model?

Section for submitting new content to Sandbox, such as maps, code, etc.
Kids are also more than welcome to submit their work with parental permission!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Does PAS need a locomotive map model?

Post by Mike »

Looks awesome!!!
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
esequiel14

Post by esequiel14 »

I finish it but im having problems skinning it :x Is it ok if I just give it plain dark metalic skin? or can you guys help me with the skinning? I don't know anything about skinning softwares.
check out my video tutorials and sandbox coolest maps in http://www.youtube.com/user/Esequiel14
Wind Astella
Name: Nik Mirza
IRC Username: windastella

Post by Wind Astella »

You should use Blender. UV unwrap the model and texture the train using GIMP.

There should be many tutorial on unwrapping and texturing a model by just google for it. You can left it plain. I think it look nice enough but UV unwrap it is my opinion.
esequiel14

Post by esequiel14 »

Sadly I don't have the free time to learn how to use new softwares I barely finish the locomotive with the little time I had available. If someone with texturing experience wants to help me with the skining of the locomotive tell me before I submit it.
check out my video tutorials and sandbox coolest maps in http://www.youtube.com/user/Esequiel14
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

I think it actually looks really good as is and I could probably skin it down the road in blender myself! I'm not a great skinner but to even put something basic on like just black isn't too hard.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
esequiel14

Post by esequiel14 »

Mike wrote:I think it actually looks really good as is and I could probably skin it down the road in blender myself! I'm not a great skinner but to even put something basic on like just black isn't too hard.
Please help me skin it specially the train's pilot (cow catcher) part since is only painted I didn't make it in 3d to avoid too many polygons its important that part gets a skin. Also if is possible can you please remove unecesary polygons that the cube2 engine makes with Bender so the model is lighter. I send you the locomotive's .obj file and the original map by PM. Thanks for helping me skin it :D I give all the rights to this model to PAS so you guys can put any licence you want.