Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Platinum Arts Sandbox Halloween Event October 30th!

The news hub -- read this stuff first!

Board Rules <-- Please read before posting.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Platinum Arts Sandbox Halloween Event October 30th!

Post by Mike »

The community has shown interest in having a Sandbox Halloween event, so let's do it :) Here is the original post on it:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=347
Update To find/post the Halloween Maps, check out this thread:
viewforum.php?f=23

IMPORTANT UPDATE - Because of a death in the family I will not be able to host this event. However, I can keep my server up in /bananarelay with save the banana and also people can submit their maps for 8pm and there can be the Halloween even like that with lots of maps to play. Also if anyone wants to join the IRC that is fine but not sure how many people will be around. Any suggestions and ideas to this are welcome. I do plan to try to at least do a halloween makeover of house for Friday :) and maybe the hedgemaze. Doing something Sunday might be a possibility as well though no guarantees. Let's get some feedback :)

The Date and Time: starting 8pm EST on Friday (day before Halloween) is when I thought would be the best time so people from the West Coast would be out of school and work hopefully. We could certainly start earlier as well for any of our Eastern Hemisphere friends. Let me know what you guys think and we can work something out :) We'll meet up in our Developer Chatroom aka IRC. You can join with just one click and check here for more info on that!

Let me know if you are interested, it would be good to get a head count to see if we'll need more than one server up to host all of this or what. Thanks!

The Event:
Ideas for the event include:
- Competing in multiplayer on Save The Banana in BananaRelay mode (perhaps a Halloween makeover to the map)
- Creating mazes (corn field like mazes) and perhaps including letters to find and having to figure out what the maps secret message is, first one to do is the winner! This would be done on a multiplayer server.
- Chaze I believe is creating a haunted house
- Perhaps we could even have a competition on scariest/most fun Halloween map? I know there isn't a lot of time, but gameplay and fun is more important than awesome looks. Even single player maps could be submitted so that people could trigger sound effects and such :)

More ideas are certainly welcome! Perhaps we could have an encore of the event on Sunday too. Saturday I just think will be too tough to get anything going since it is actually Halloween and I for one will be out with my shopping cart costume :D

Take care and thanks for your interest in Sandbox!
-mike
PS Thanks Grim for the Halloween image!
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Re: Platinum Arts Sandbox Halloween Event October 30th!

Post by siimvuss »

Well I have a really good idea for a map and I am going to take part in all of the event if the time fits me! So count me in :D
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

Sounds good to me, don't know if i'll have enough time but i'll try!
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
kid matthew
Developer
Developer
Name: Matthew
IRC Username: Kid_matthew

Post by kid matthew »

Ill be making some Halloween ogre textures stay tuned on Halloween when i upload them. :twisted: :evil: :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
Lost Lands Work In Progress <3 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2522 <3
PizzaLover101
Name: NAME
IRC Username: DaItsicle

Post by PizzaLover101 »

Yeah, i'll try, but i first have to figure out how to link online................
and how to make mapmodels and stuff..............
mortar

Post by mortar »

hmm interesting, this is indeed relevant to my interests, we'll see if i have the time for some Halloween related shenanigans this year...
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Post by siimvuss »

i have one question... Will the event take place in sandbox 2.4 or dev version? If its dev then can sb please explain me how to get the dev version without tortoise svn (it doesnt work on my computer, sais that theres no gdiplus.dll)
miluaces

Post by miluaces »

Try another SVN client, some are listed here: http://subversion.tigris.org/links.html#clients
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

We'll be using 2.4 however we might put out a patch as we've found some MP bugs. I'll be sure to have everything set for everyone on Friday though :) This will be the place to look and/or on the main page. Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

a short list of the bugs so far...

* editmode arrow key binds were bound to empty binds
* particle menus depended on an alias which was misspelled
* queer message displayed when unable to initialise mixer controls
* ent helper text display outside editmode
* resetgl doesn't respect texanim
* culltextures doesn't respect texanim
* RPG crashes when a map is changed while dialogue is open
* texanim was limited to one update per frame, this causes the anim to go out of sync during low framerates and race to where it should be, when framerates are more acceptable
* some packet parsing weirdness when dedi != 2
* clients don't initialise properly on the server
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless