Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Thoughts On Adfly

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Thoughts On Adfly

Post by Mike »

So I'm giving adfly a shot on the download links like how the minecraft mods do it. I'm hoping this will help pay for Sandbox on Steam and other costs. I'm really interested in hearing people opinions on it, such as if it is no big deal to click on it or they find them really annoying. Sandbox has always been about the community first :) Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Re: Thoughts On Adfly

Post by arcones »

After briefly going through it (a la the download process) I have no problem with Adfly, especially if it benefits the community :)
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

I'm going to be trying something a little crazy with it for 24 hours. It might make things slightly annoying but I'll be tweaking and testing. If it goes to plan though then I'd actually be able to get a nice budget and the things I can do for Sandbox would be huge, including lots of new content and such and I could pay people to do work on SB!!! Since we don't seem to have a lot that want to help out for free :\
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

So you guys know, the default settings are as follows:
5 max times seeing the ads per day.
5 min between when each ad would appear.

This is ONLY for the main page, not the forums or wiki!! Adfly says I shouldn't change the default settings though I'm not sure if that is a bit too frequent but that's why we'll give it a little run and change as need be. I think I'll take adfly off the download links if having it on the page works out. That dealing with the ads for 5 secs a day can open sooooo many doors for Sandbox!!!
esequiel14

Post by esequiel14 »

No problem go for it Mike! little ads dont harm anyone specialy if they are for the growth of PAS.
check out my video tutorials and sandbox coolest maps in http://www.youtube.com/user/Esequiel14
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

I can't even donate because in the netherlands we don't use that many creditcards, and Adfly is an american thing too, Ideal is what I use (mainly for steam)
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Adfly is going off the main page. In a little over 24 hours it didn't even make 1.50. That isn't worth it to deal with it in my opinion. I'm going to keep it on the download links for now though and see how it goes. It stinks it didn't work out like I hoped but maybe I'll figure something else out. Thanks for the feedback everyone :D and of course suggestions welcome! Take care.
-mike
Lou
Name: Lou

Post by Lou »

I am all for it. Does it require clicks on the ads or views?