Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

So What Kind of Tutorials Do You Want?

Talk about anything related to Platinum Arts Sandbox here!
DreamBliss
Name: DreamBliss

So What Kind of Tutorials Do You Want?

Post by DreamBliss »

Now I'm making no promises here. But I might, keyword might, make some tutorials for Sandbox as I start to learn how to use it. I'm very good at tutorials. I can't prove it, because they were for Unreal Tournament and 3DS Max and were not child friendly in language or content. But trust me, teaching is one of me strong suites.

Just depends if I stick with the program or not and a few other things. My workflow will be some combo of Sandbox, DeleD, Wings 3D and Hexagon. Maybe some Photoshop, or maybe Gimp (since that would keep everything free.) For now I am collecting tutorials, absorbing information. Next step is to dive in and start using it. I'm a little worried because my computer is a 6 year old (or so) laptop. No shader 2.0 support or much other game specific stuff.

Oh and Hi! I'm new here, in case you didn't figure that out already :P But I've been working on levels for 12 years now, modeling for maybe 8-10. No professional work. Yeah I'm old. Don't remind me!

Hope there's still like around here. Lot of stuff from 2011. Makes me worry the community died. Hope you guys are still active and interested in Sandbox. Looking forward to your suggestions!
- DreamBliss
Last edited by DreamBliss on December 3rd, 2012, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
State what you want for your reality,
But let the universe fill in the details.

My Forums
http://spiritualexplorers.zymichost.com/index.php
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Re: So What Kind of Tutorials Do You Want?

Post by kddekadenz »

Welcome to the forums! Sure, there are still active people, but it feels like it hangs a bit :?
OpenGL is designed to run on a lot of systems, so it should work on your laptop, too. I have a 4-years old laptop myself, by the way :P
Wings3D is good for static models. I use it myself - it is clean and simple. But if it comes to animating, you may need to use Blender *dodges*. I think myself Blender is hard to learn, I never really figured it out.
I would be glad to see some tutorials by you, because PAS really lacks ones. Just be sure that you are sure what you are talking about :P
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Post by jSoftApps »

BTW if you suggest Blender I shall throw a mud pie in your general direction
How does thou dare make fun of blender? IT IS AMAZING!!!

Anyway, welcome to the forums! Make sure to read the Board Rules :D You'll find that I'm not very active as a mainly use Unity 3D, but, I am occasionally on to see if anyone misses me :lol:
Anyway, enjoy the forums!
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

I am occasionally on to see if anyone misses me
Who are you again? :P

Anyway, welcome to the forum Dream! I have used MSI Afterburner and am now using FFSplit for recording videos, but MSI doesn't record your mic (so you'd have to use something free like Audacity). FFSplit I use for livestreaming whatever work/game I'm doing/playing and it records to your computer as well. Will capture voice as well.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
kddekadenz

Post by kddekadenz »

arcones wrote:
I am occasionally on to see if anyone misses me
Who are you again? :P
I remember JsoftApps creates websites and started a fork of PAS he never finished.
DreamBliss
Name: DreamBliss

Post by DreamBliss »

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

I do not deny Blender is a very comprehensive program. But I came to it from a few years in Max, so you can imagine my frustration trying to learn my way around those complicated panels and controls. I worked very hard at it, and all I can say is what I will always say. It takes me, personally, hours to do something in Blender I can do in minutes in Max and presumably any other modeler. But the folks of Blender like it the way it is, so until someone creates custom controls for folks like me I will not touch the program!

I have to update and edit this thread a little due to misinformation. I was wrong about DeleD. I said what I did after reading a thread in their forums. But I guess plans have changed again so now DeleD is completely free and fully functional!

So I will be using some combination of Sandbox, DeleD, Wings 3D and Hexagon. My focus will be on these programs for now, so if you have any specific tutorial for them you would like go ahead and post! No promises, more than likely I will have to learn how to do whatever it is before I can make a video tutorial, and my computer is very slow, but I will see what I can do.

Night all!
- DreamBliss
State what you want for your reality,
But let the universe fill in the details.

My Forums
http://spiritualexplorers.zymichost.com/index.php
kddekadenz

Post by kddekadenz »

The screens of DeleD look really *BANME BANME BANME* and it doesn't seem to be cross-platform: http://www.delgine.com/index.php?filena ... off&rm=off
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

I believe the immediate first priority is Sandbox tutorials that are up-to-date and can be easily found, I not-too-recently talked about this in my Wiki and Forum Cleanup Topic.

RPG is by far the best candidate because it's the most useful module right now and the one that needs the most in terms of ease of understanding. However, it also happens to be the one receiving the most development, so it's bound to change quickly.

Sandbox in general has more than enough tutorials on using the editor, but we don't have a recent official tutorial. I'd read the list of text tutorials on the wiki along with the video tutorials list and see which ones you can make up-to-date videos for.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!