Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Free weapon for FPS game

Section for submitting new content to Sandbox, such as maps, code, etc.
Kids are also more than welcome to submit their work with parental permission!
Wind Astella
Name: Nik Mirza
IRC Username: windastella

Free weapon for FPS game

Post by Wind Astella »

Here is some by-product of my game SkyEdge. I keep on changing the gameplay so much that I forgot what kind of game that I really wanted to do. It should be a Hack and Slash RPG but the longer I tried to adapt with the limitation of the current engine it became more of a shooter. I don't want those so here it is my donation.

--LICENSE--
CC-BY
You can do anything with these but please credit me as the author. I would also love to see what other made with these so drop me an email at nik96mirza@gmail.com if you want to.

--DOWNLOAD HERE--
This is my Gdrive folder that I would like to share publicly with these community. There will be more but here it is for the time being.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

--MY SUGGESTION--
I had two suggestion here:

1. I hope Mike could consider using this to improve the Waterguns Wars. I would love to help out to make it a game on par with Sauerbraten but for kids.

2. Maybe a FPS single/multi player game with Steampunk theme... Bioshock anyone? I would love to join such dedicated project. (Sorry but I don't really accept any project that had only idea. Show us some proof that it worth to waste our time with.)

Lastly, if anyone would like to have custom model, especially character model, just contact me anyway you can and tell me what you want to make. Inspired me with concept art and detail explaination. I will create what you want if I got the whole idea of what you want me to make.

Thanks for hearing,
WindAstella
Defunctul
Name: Nick

Re: Free weapon for FPS game

Post by Defunctul »

As usual ur work is outstanding :) I wanted to ask you if u ever worked with tags (empties) in blender, and if u ever exported a fully functional IQM model with tags AND eventually if you made them work in PAS. By work I mean if u know how to script one model to attach to an item (weapon for example) and how to script that weapon to attach on ur character upon equipping it. This is one of the biggest challenges i've came across and there is no actual tutorial showing this step by step. If u know how, I would really appreciate more info into this subject :D

P.S. Looking forward for more awesome tutorials in ur blog ^.^
Wind Astella

Post by Wind Astella »

Thanks Defunctul :) There is a lack of tutorial on that matter. It is simple enough when you get used to it and it doesn't really involved the empties. If you ever see any old Sauer tutorial regarding this, they did say empties but when I import some of it working model into Blender like CaptainCannon, it really use a bone as tag.

I will create a tutorial regarding this matter, thanks for your suggestion :D
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

the model formats that support skeletal animation uses built in commands like iqmtag, that take the name of a bone, as well as positional and rotational offsets thereof to define the tags.
I'll have to check the code, but that's the gist of it.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Wind Astella

Post by Wind Astella »

I had added some more model into the drive. There should now be a crossbow and my own version of Rocket Launcher which is basically a portable cannon. As you can see, it is still consistent to the Steampunk theme and might as well use it for such game. I might also donate characters next and a whole set of model enough to make a whole game. Maybe...