Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Tritium - An MMORPG.

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
AndyLangel
Name: Andy

Re: "Project TS" - An MMORPG.

Post by AndyLangel »

Yeah, just let me in on what i need to know, and ill keep on poking at C++

I will now move this conversation over to facebook as you asked.
Learning C/C++
... Slowly,
...... Slowly,
.........Slowly.
RonnieNeeley
Name: Ronnie Neeley

Post by RonnieNeeley »

Thought I'd drop by and leave you guys an update.

Well, Andy Langel is... Andy Langel-ing it up, and picking apart the codes and such as to make it easier when we need to implement something.

Dan (Vikadin) and I are refining our ideas a bit more, as well as building a new map to make sure I didn't mess up the engine thus far when altering it a bit. Everything is fine though. We are making a boat, but because Dan curved it to make it more realistic, we keep getting a ton of graphical glitches when we make edits near the curves. But he should be able to fix it.

This is the last map we will make for a while, to focus on engine stuff and help Andy out.

Dan is also getting more into modelling. I heard he watched the Inky character from Sauerbraten's bones swim yesterday or something. I don't know, I think he was trippin'.

Here is a video:

Game making has never been so exciting!

Yeah, that video was made as a joke, but eh, something is better than nothing.

Anywho, I hope you are all doing fine with your projects, and as always, thank you for showing an interest in ProjectTS!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

If you're looking for ways to add to the engine, there's a "plans for 2.6" page or something. Wait...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=838
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
AndyLangel

Post by AndyLangel »

chocolatepie33 wrote:If you're looking for ways to add to the engine, there's a "plans for 2.6" page or something. Wait...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=838
I think that is more for the planning of PAS 2.6, as for Project TS, we require to edit the engine to cover the demands of our own needs. Basically we are starting where PAS did, and editing the Cube 2 Engine into our own engine modification that will allow us to do what we need to do with it. In our case, we are not providing the user with any right of editing the game or engine, like PAS does.

The only thing we will be providing to the player is the game; everything else like the source code, engine modifications, models, textures, and such will all be private copyright material of Project TS and the Project TS team.

However, i respect you contribution, and it may enlighten us to add a feature that we have not yet thought of adding :)

Thank you,
Learning C/C++
... Slowly,
...... Slowly,
.........Slowly.
GOP

Post by GOP »

It looks cool, you should make a complete sewer system underground...
AndyLangel

Post by AndyLangel »

GOP wrote:It looks cool, you should make a complete sewer system underground... You should also add a skill where you and friends go through dungeons killing spawns and stuff, gaining xp and stuff. You should also have the GOP a political faction for the in-game government, along with a Sarah Palin user model.
You are so out of touch with the medieval ages its not even funny >.< lol

Must i remind you this is not runescape, if you want to go dungeoneering later then so be it, but we should keep it out of Ronnie's & Dan's game- K thx bie.

As far as Palin goes, i can live with that.
GOP wrote:Ohh, and by the way this quote was totally not edited at all, i completely said all this and then edited my original post and stuff, yeah, thats what i did.
? not sure why that comment was needed. Maybe it was for those people who are completely oblivious to everything and don't understand anything.
Learning C/C++
... Slowly,
...... Slowly,
.........Slowly.
RonnieNeeley

Post by RonnieNeeley »

@chocolatepie33: Yes, we cannot just give the source away if we want to make money off the game (thus enabling us to continue with it), otherwise people would just make their own servers and such.

@Voller: Sup homie.

@Everyone else: Don't expect many updates from me anymore, I'm rather fed up with this community and would much rather focus on the game than trying to help a bunch of people who don't appreciate it (no offence to the few of you that actually did). Anyways, best of luck on your all endeavors, and I'm sure AndyLangel will keep you guys updated. If not, feel free to check out http://www.ronnieneeley.tk and my YouTube channel, http://www.youtube.com/RonnieNeeley. Thank you for all your support, and we hope to hear from you soon!

-Ronnie Neeley, Project TS.
InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

NOOOOOOO!!!! Don't leave me here, Ronnie!!!! WAHHHHHHHH!!!! I don't wanna die!!!!
FAIL
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Are you going to enter contests or Are you permently quitting the forums?
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!
RonnieNeeley

Post by RonnieNeeley »

Well the fact that I'm replying kinda answers the question. I'll probably just check this topic once in a while, but I couldn't care less about the other forum "happenings". Plus, I'd rather focus on PTS than waste time here. It's harsh but it's the truth.
InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

Its not harsh to me, to me it makes sense just working on a map for a while gets kinda dull.
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!