Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Tritium - An MMORPG.

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Re: "Project TS" - An MMORPG.

Post by InHumanUnit »

If you need a coder, you can post it on MODDB.
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!
RonnieNeeley
Name: Ronnie Neeley

Post by RonnieNeeley »

Yes, Vikadin and I are aware this is a daunting task. Luckily, we are two best friends who live in the same town and can get together daily if needed to work on this stuff. Plus, I hope not to brag, but I guess you could say we (especially Vikadin >.>) are especially "bright" for our ages. We understand it won't be easy, but luckily C++ is a rather common (though complex) language, so there are plenty of tutorials and what not. And we don't expect to do it all by ourselves, when the time comes for coding we will enlist others to help us.

Thanks InHumanUnit, I appreciate you giving us a suggestion for help, I never though of asking there. Hopefully someone is interested (though I don't see why they wouldn't be ;D)

For those who thought the ideas were good, I have to say, you have seen nothing yet. A problem with making a summary about the game is it is so complex, right now we have pages and pages of explanations we need to compress for you guys.

And I am happy to announce Vikadin and I have created the first PTS map! :O! It is the "Inter-Factional Embassy", a place where players of all 3 factions can come to peacefully trade. It is really nothing more than a castle, but we are super pleased with the way it is turning out.

Well, back to working on maps, thank you guys for your interest ;D
InHumanUnit
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

Can you give us some screenshots?
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
RonnieNeeley

Post by RonnieNeeley »

Yes, I will upload some screenshots/model screenshots/music to the front page in a few minutes.

I just updated the front page to explain many more aspects of the game. I will not post it again because it is fairly lengthy. So, if you would like to know more about the game, feel free to view the first post of this thread.
RonnieNeeley

Post by RonnieNeeley »

Project TS Report for August 2nd:

I don't think it was ever explained, but AndyLangel is no longer a part of Sandbox or the Project TS team. He left around the beginning of July due to creative differences. Vikadin and I still talk to him though, and there are no hard feelings, we wish him luck with any of his future endeavors.

Moving on, I'd say the conceptual planning is about 75% complete. Well, the basic conceptual planning. There is still more detailed stuff that obviously needs to be worked out, but whatever, we are moving at a steady pace.

Vikadin is looking to C++ as I type this, and he told me he is getting a better understanding on networking, which eases my mind a bit. Obviously we aren't ready to launch Open Beta yet, but I'm sure you guys know what I mean.

Vikadin also is re-acquainting himself with modelling after getting a new computer a week or two ago. He spoke of poly counts and other things I didn't understand. (Just kidding, I know what poly counts are >.>)

DaGeek247 is also hard at work with map ideas for us, which is pretty cool. He is also preparing to learn to model trees, which will be helpful for us and let Vikadin work on other game stuff.

As for me, I recently typed up the game summary (found on the front page), and now I am just trying to organize things in my head. I will probably start (physically) planning maps soon.

That's about it for now. Again, anyone interested in helping is welcome to do so.

-Ronnie Neeley, Project TS
InHumanUnit

Post by InHumanUnit »

I could use a modelling person. ):
RonnieNeeley

Post by RonnieNeeley »

Hey guys, just stopping by to drop some info.

Vikadin and I worked our butts off on a map today, the first map made for the "Lock Down" mode.

Long story short, Lock-Down mode is when a set amount (10?) of players are are a castle, and 1 or so players is randomly chosen to be a vampire. The vampire must then infect all other humans to win.

This was inspired by Combat-Arms "Quarantine" matches, except our version is a bit more detailed and contributes to the main game, it is not just a mini-game that doesn't do much.

Anyways, Vikadin and I will be testing the map tomorrow with some friends. Just thought I'd mention it.
InHumanUnit

Post by InHumanUnit »

That's great, Ronnie! How come you didn't do a zombie mode though?
RonnieNeeley

Post by RonnieNeeley »

Well, we felt that Vampires fit better into the game since it seems to be around a medieval period, and back then they believed in Vampires, so we went with it lol
InHumanUnit

Post by InHumanUnit »

Oblivon is medievel game, and it has zombies....