Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Tritium - An MMORPG.

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
Vikadin
Restricted User
Name: Dan

Re: "Project TS" - An MMORPG.

Post by Vikadin »

So it turns out Ronnie was just busy. Project TS is now resuming. :D
Planning on getting together with Ronnie within the next week. Although we have been creating content, most of it thus far has been conceptual, so we are hoping to move from the planning stage into true content creation before September.

We've had a slow start, but I think that this will most likely end up being a good thing, as it has allowed me to come up with some astounding ideas to make combat in this game both extremely unique and enjoyable. Once everything has been planned then we can begin creating content like maps,models, and music.
Ronnie has music exceptionally well covered, but I'm not sure whether he will need help with that or not (I doubt it). Both Ronnie and I will be working on maps, and shouldn't need help making the maps themselves. We could use ideas and images (even things off of google images) for geographical or architectural features, such as beautiful buildings or rivers, canyons, oceans, cliffs, waterfalls or anything else you may find inspiring. Modeling I will be working on, and can probably use a bit of help with. I have all the equipment covered myself, but I could use a human figure to use as the player's character. I just need a very simple one with low poly counts that I can add details to as needed. Other various items such as barrels or candles, things like that, would also be of great help.

Just message me if you have a question or if you have some idea/image/model that we could use and let us know who to give credit to.
Vikadin + Ronnie + AndyLangel
//Project TS Developers
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Post by siimvuss »

for the player you can ude unihuman...
klimyriad
Support Team
Support Team
Name: liam

Post by klimyriad »

InHumanUnit wrote:It sounds cool and all, but... 12 Sky was already made, here's a link- http://12-sky2.aeriagames.com/. Sorry to bust your bubbles. But then again, It's the second(I think.).
that's number 2 the first 1 was shut down

From wikki

Twelve Sky, often referred to as 12 Sky, is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). It is Korean developer Alt1's first released game set in the Oriental Fantasy universe launched in its home market in 2004.[1] Aeria Games announced Twelve Sky Closed Beta on September 5, 2007.[2] The Closed Beta date was set to be on September 18, 2007.[3] Twelve Sky then went into Open Beta on October 12, 2007.[4]. Twelve Sky is now in official and can be downloaded from the website for free and played through the client on any computer with internet access with an Aeria Games and Entertainment account.[5] AeriaGames announced the closing of the game on April 6th on their forums. The game is set to officially close on April 30th, 2010 with their item mall closing on April 13th, 2010. [6]

Also if you creating the same game you walking into Ileagle things because of copyright just warning you thanks.

klimyriad
Firstspace the attack Progress. Image
Maps= Image finishing the town of hisal map.
Models and textures Image Just started finding these.
Menus, script's and other stuff. Image
InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

Yeah, I think so, too.
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!
RonnieNeeley
Name: Ronnie Neeley

Post by RonnieNeeley »

Yeah, Vikadin and I both played Twelve Sky, which is where we got the original idea.

HOWEVER, our game has moved far past that, and it is incorrect to say we are trying to "re-create" it. We are trying to surpass it in every way possible ;D

Really though, we have plenty of original ideas. Yeah, the game borrows from the basis of 3 feuding factions, but that's about it.

We have not given up on the game, Vikadin and I are getting together tomorrow to discuss it further. Work was halted a bit when our 3rd member left due to creative differences, and my not having the internet for the past 2 months hindered us, but that has not stopped us! We pushed through all the set backs and are ready to get back on track with this project.

We have over 30 pages of ideas and systems worked out. By that I mean, we aren't dillydallying around, we are trying to cover every aspect as thoroughly as possible so that there are as little bumps as possible when putting our ideas to work.

Any help (ESPECIALLY CODING) with this project is, as always, greatly appreciated. I am happy to see you guys are still discussing the game even though we could not update on it. Since we seem to be building up some hype, I would like to use it and bring every SandBox coder together and help us with the important coding. Yes, I mostly mean, help us code a server.

Keep in mind, any help we see deserving will receive payment if the game turns a profit.

Our game is set to be Free to Play with an optional Cash Shop. (Assuming we can code this in.)
(And FYI, we are going through great lengths to keep this Cash Shop as balanced as possible. We don't want to ruin a great game by being greedy.)

Anyways, to sum it all up, the game is not dead; it is a thriving fetus in the womb that is our minds. (You don't want to know what we did to get this fetus in our minds.)

As Vikadin said, we plan to move into actual creation around September. Yes, we are moving slowly, but I couldn't be any more pleased with how things are turning out.

Much love to the SandBox community,
Ronnie Neeley
InHumanUnit
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

Good to know, Ronnie! I'll download this once it comes out. Thats a promise.
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
DaGeek247
Name: DaGeek247
IRC Username: DaGeek247

Post by DaGeek247 »

Great!
I thought y'all had quit on the game bcuz of there already being a second version. I am glad that you still have not quit on the game, and are still very serious about making this game. that is good, bcuz i never really offered to help with any other project. So, i am offering my help once again, for any mapping services you may want, and maybe a tiny bit of graphic stuff. hope to hear from you soon!!!
If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
and the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,
and the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort,
then the socket packet pocket has an error to report

DaGeek247 of http://dageek247.tk/
RonnieNeeley

Post by RonnieNeeley »

I replied to you PM DaGeek, so check that out for my reply ;D

Vikadin should be here in 10 minutes, and we will get to heavy duty discussing on stuff. I hope to write a summary of the game tonight because many more people are interested in it, so stay tuned for that.

And if you haven't, feel free to download my album from my signature ^.^
InHumanUnit

Post by InHumanUnit »

Jazzy, yo! :d Do tacos. Not drugs.
RonnieNeeley

Post by RonnieNeeley »

Agreed, drugs are bad. But a taco addiction? I thought I've heard it all.

Anyways, Vikadin and I ventured even more to the imaginary realm that is our game and I think I have enough content to successfully make a short summary of the game. Expect it later tonight/tomorrow morning. :D

Side note: I was wondering why my topic about my album was taken down. I'm really not mad, I just would like to know what I did to offend anyone. Was it that brilliant?