Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Revelade Revolution - Zombie Survival

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)

Should guns have a reticle to help aim?

Yes
15%
Yes, with zoom (weapon sights)
23%
No, replace it with zoom (weapon sights)
46%
No (for realism)
15%

Total votes: 13

cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Re: Revelade Revolution - Zombie Survival

Post by cork279 »

Important:
Err... well. I'm here to say, I may be cancelling RR, as well as Orkmoth. Not to say I'm leaving Sandbox, I'll make lotsa maps still. I can't release the RR alpha as is, due to many things that should be fixed.

The positives:
I'll release all my textures as a download.
I'll release all the Orkmoth maps, and the RR map as a download. People can continue/complete them if they like :)
I'll continue to expand the Orkmoth universe itself through my novel, website and lore.

The negatives:
Both games cancelled :P

Reasons being: I am facing many problems with RR, and I want to move onto more programming. I have been learning some Java and c# recently, and want to learn more, and am planning a 2D arcade game based on one of my Sandbox ideas called Tetraformer (Tetris Platformer). Learning programming languages, writing a novel, composing music for multiple games, school, developing 2 games just seems to much, I get confused over WHAT to do, and end up doing nothing, so I decided to cancel these two games, and my individual project now will be Tetraformer. I'm planning on programming it in either Java or C# (Microsoft XNA Studio), unless I give up and move to Game Maker, hopefully not :P

>Don't worry, I'll still use Sandbox to make maps, stay up-to-date with the forum, join the irc, etc :D
-Cork279

PS. Anyone can help with Tetraformer if they wish (sprites, sounds, ideas, anything...)
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

cork279 wrote:Important:
Err... well. I'm here to say, I may be cancelling RR, as well as Orkmoth. Not to say I'm leaving Sandbox, I'll make lotsa maps still. I can't release the RR alpha as is, due to many things that should be fixed.

The positives:
I'll release all my textures as a download.
I'll release all the Orkmoth maps, and the RR map as a download. People can continue/complete them if they like :)
I'll continue to expand the Orkmoth universe itself through my novel, website and lore.

The negatives:
Both games cancelled :P

Reasons being: I am facing many problems with RR, and I want to move onto more programming. I have been learning some Java and c# recently, and want to learn more, and am planning a 2D arcade game based on one of my Sandbox ideas called Tetraformer (Tetris Platformer). Learning programming languages, writing a novel, composing music for multiple games, school, developing 2 games just seems to much, I get confused over WHAT to do, and end up doing nothing, so I decided to cancel these two games, and my individual project now will be Tetraformer. I'm planning on programming it in either Java or C# (Microsoft XNA Studio), unless I give up and move to Game Maker, hopefully not :P

>Don't worry, I'll still use Sandbox to make maps, stay up-to-date with the forum, join the irc, etc :D
-Cork279

PS. Anyone can help with Tetraformer if they wish (sprites, sounds, ideas, anything...)
That's too bad, Cork :( ... to be honest, it (being busy and having only me) is one of the prime reasons I don't really do much right now. Or ever, to be honest. I hope you can keep on making that awesome music of yours. It's cool that you're still considering Tetraformer, good luck with it.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
cork279

Post by cork279 »

Thanks CP :D

I have some good news (*cheers*)
This project isn't dead completely. Someone is willing to take over the project, so it should progress much more. I asked him to join the forum. He will be taking over the project, moddb page for the games, etc, etc so you can all still look forward to this game! :)
He is from http://theintercooler.com/, I think he's the site owner, which is a new gaming website. Anyway, hopefully he'll update this thread, and the moddb page about the game in the future.

arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

Wasn't this ported over to Cube 2?
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
cork279

Post by cork279 »

Yeah, but he wants both the Cube 2 and Sandbox map file. He may continue it in Sandbox, I dunno :P

arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

Interesting. I wish you could have gotten a beta out :) That would have been fun.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

Kinda sucks that you cancelled both. Now I have to remove Orkmoth from the projects page on my website and maybe add it to the Archive. I beleive Tetraformer should be done in Game Maker, I can give you some help with that if you want. You know how capable I am with Game Maker. Just curious, are you still part of Dimensions?
cork279

Post by cork279 »

Of course, I'll definately still help with Dimensions! :D

I tried a tutorial for C# from the Microsoft site, and I swear it doesn't work, I finished it with still 50 errors... They're probably outdated, the Microsoft website seems to have a LOT of outdated pages...

I'm gonna use Game Maker, and if you could help it would be great! :D

Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

cork279 wrote:Of course, I'll definately still help with Dimensions! :D

I'm gonna use Game Maker, and if you could help it would be great! :D
@Cork: Yay! Too bad you're not on steam. I have a LOT to show you.
TheIntercooler
Name: Ed

Post by TheIntercooler »

Hello all!

My name is Ed from TheIntercooler.com I'm looking forward to continuing the game Cork has started. I've been trolling the forums for a few weeks now trying to get my bearings on how everything works. I'm just waiting for Cork to send me the files so I can see what we have to work with.

I've got some great ideas for additions to the game, but first I need to see where it stands.

Ed