Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

I Am Legend type mmorpg

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
cvcs2
Name: Brennan

I Am Legend type mmorpg

Post by cvcs2 »

I am looking for someone to host a server and get a team of people who can code, model, skin, and help make a map for an mmorpg kind of game where you start off in a post-apocalyptic city and have to survive using whatever means necessary. Eventually i would like to have a working economy, currency (coins), so that players will be able to trade for ammunition and weapons. People will be able to take over a building as a safe house and form groups to work with. As this may sound a bit far fetched I am confident that if I can get some really dedicated people to join then it can be done. Please reply if you want to help and what you would like to help with. (coding, modeling, skin, map) Thank you. :o
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Re: I Am Legend type mmorpg

Post by Runescapedj »

Well, There are already so many projects going on, and if you don't have a start or something, I don't think you'll get much people, there are simply too much projects going on, and this is a big project...
InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

Are the enemies zombies?
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!
cvcs2
Name: Brennan

Post by cvcs2 »

Yes this is a big project but if a few dedicated people are willing to put some work into it it can be done. Zombies will be the enemies, possibly some sort of pvp factor can be put in. I really do not expect this to be finished in short amount of time but will release it in stages (updates) rather than the entire finished thing all at once. FIRST POST EDIT: not an mmorpg but an mmofps :mrgreen:
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

mmo's are really hard to code, cuz when somebody picks something up (like a weapon), the server need to know the right person who took the weapon, and stuff like that, really hard to code, and I don't know how to, but I wish you gl ;)
InHumanUnit
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

I guess I'll be willing to help out.
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Post by cork279 »

This sounds similar to my game (Revelade Revolution, viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1941) so maybe, we could help each other? :D
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
InHumanUnit

Post by InHumanUnit »

cork279 wrote:This sounds similar to my game (Revelade Revolution, viewtopic.php?f=10&t=[b]1941[/b]) so maybe, we could help each other? :D
1941 Is when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.