Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Orkmoth

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Re: OrkMoth RPG

Post by cork279 »

Updated the game!

The maps now have custom textures AND skyboxes:
02.png
04.png
05.png
I'm trying to make the game as custom as possible from the Sandbox engine.
I've made custom textures and skyboxes for it, and have made 12 tracks for the soundtrack, which hopefully, will have 20+ tracks. I have also started to change all of the GUI, menu, etc.

More screenshots here: http://www.moddb.com/games/orkmoth-rpg/images
New homepage, with many more details: http://www.elementalproductions.co.cc/orkmothrpg
New forum (please sign up! :D ): http://www.elementalforum.co.cc/
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
cork279

Post by cork279 »

Dunno, if anyone seen the previous post, but I'm going to bump this topic :D
So... I was going to cancel this project but arc convinced me to continue :P
Edit: and I'm glad that I am :D

Also, I decided to use a map me and Kid_Matthew made a while ago for the game:
screenshot_2287677.png
screenshot_2254333.png
And again, it'd be nice if someone joined the forum: http://www.elementalforum.co.cc/
Here's our homepage: http://www.elementalproductions.co.cc/orkmothrpg
More screenshots: http://www.moddb.com/games/orkmoth-rpg/images :D

arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

Your welcome :D

Anyway, I'm glad to see this updated! I'll join the forums once I get a chance too ;D
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
cork279

Post by cork279 »

:D A new video of the game:

(You should watch it in 720p if possible, as it's already quite bad quality)

Sorry about darkness, or bad quality in some areas of the video :|

I got rid of two tracks I didn't like from the soundtrack (Dreamland and Dreamworld). 2 new tracks were added to moddb a while ago now (both used in the video):
http://www.moddb.com/games/orkmoth/videos/trees
http://www.moddb.com/games/orkmoth/videos/the-battle

I also started writing the opening to the Orkmoth book. Only 500 words so far, but it's a start! Maybe I could show you all a preview at some point soon :D

kid matthew
Developer
Developer
Name: Matthew
IRC Username: Kid_matthew

Re: Orkmoth

Post by kid matthew »

Very cool cork. It looks awesome.
Advice: Work some more on lighting.

Cheers,
Matthew
Lost Lands Work In Progress <3 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2522 <3
cork279

Post by cork279 »

The dark parts of the video aren't actually dark, the video recorder just makes them look dark :)

Also, here's the opening to thr Orkmoth book I'm writing if anyone wanted to see.
Chapter 01; The Blacksmith
"Now, quickly bring the pot", growled the short bearded man. His hand curled swiftly around the worn tongs, and with a careful grip, poured the molten iron into the furnace. "Just a few more minutes... lad? Where are you my boy?", he bellowed questionably. Furiously, the hairy, pot-bellied man waddled around his cluttered workshop, to the small staircase in the corner. Beside it was a small hatch. "Horro! Boy! What are you doing in here, there is plenty that needs be done..." The young man shrugged, slowly resting his vstout face into his thin, bony hands. "17 years, and still... Horro, your mother would have loved to see you now, you're a hard-working lad. And you wouldn't know it, but your mother was a very hard-working lady, one of the best smith's in the city", he assured. Horro brought his face out from below his hands. "So your mother would love it if you'd come and help out around here!" signalled the bearded man, as he lifted Horro to his feet. Both of the gnomes quickly stumbled into the workshop.

Grawmar Xeroth was a caring, but fierce gnome of Vinewood City, and his blacksmith was nothing but the best around, perfect for the soldiers staying in the nearby barracks. His son, Horro was a shy, but extremely ambitious gnome, confident enough to take on anything bigger than himself. Horro squirmed quietly toward his father.
"Father?" he murmured.
"Yes, lad?" he responded unconvincingly.
Horro rushed to his feet and asked breathlessly, "What's it like to fight in the great war". Grawmar hesitantly placed the tongs onto the table. "You know, the war against Seasalk, for the honour of our country," he continued.
"There is nothing honorary in war!" Grawmar roared. Impatiently he continued, "Thousands of soldiers sign up... Supposedly patriotically... Then lose all emotion through the true feeling of war... And once struck, directly, by the power of a blade, fall... Not thinking about their country, not at all, but simply thinking, why?" He silenced, then slowly calmed himself. "That's why you will never be joining, " he finished hastily. Horro sighed. Grawmar stared as Horro fumbled sluggishly upstairs. “It's always war and fighting with boys around here...” he muttered.

Just as Horro got to bed, he heard a shout coming from just outside. "Tap!", a rock lightly hit his window, then fell, feather-like, into a pale-faced boy's hands.
"What do you want, Wrawk?" Horro questioned quietly. Wrawk lengthened his arm to his pocket, and yanked out a piece of paper agressively.
"A new barracks opened just around the corner, we can sign up there and join the Orkmoth 43rd regiment!" he snapped. Horro hesitated awkwardly.
"But, what if..."
"Oh it's fine! Come on, quick!" Wrawk concluded. Horro half-excitedly jumped out of bed, forcing himself into his clothes. He silently shuffled passed his father's bedroom door, and out to follow his friend.

Horro walked hesitantly toward the barracks, with his confident, sometimes arrogant friend Wrawk; whom walked breathlessly with excitement. Nearing the barracks, some Andrians ruthlessly branched around the corner, blocking their path directly.
"Whot woold yoo be doing at this time of night't," one of them yapped. Wrawk stared at them, and stubbornly held Horro back.
"We'd be going to sign up for the 43rd regiment," Wrawk responded over-confidently. Both birds impolitely broke down to uncontrollable laughter.
"Bo'o'th of yoo! Yoo, thin, scra'a'wny... children... Joining the war!?" one squawked. Wrawk momentarily stood, glaring viciously, before seizing one of the avians by the throat. Horro tried helplessly to calm Wrawk, and make him stop, but he squirmed out of Horro's grasp. Wrawk had, by now, tore the beak on one of the birds, and had his blood covered fist clenched on it's left eye. The bird, which went on to let out a powerful screech, fell to the floor. The other ran aimlessly down the mist shrouded road. Wrawk broke to his knees, by the body of the unconscious creature. Carelessly, he managed to get to his feet, still facing the body.
“Come on,” he said fearfully, and continued down the road; Horro following hastily behind.
Only 600 words... Target: 80000, maybe :P

chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Well... just write a book, why don't you? (Good work, I like it :) )
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

80000? That'll be a lot of work, and I'm not sure if many people are going to read it all...
And I agree with Matt about the lighting, maybe you can put torches on the walls with orange color light?
And I think you should use heighfieldmode more, not for hills, just for a little difference in height in the landscape, now it's just some models placed where-ever you want (no offence)
Nice video btw, the music really gets you into the game (or video)
cork279

Post by cork279 »

@Runescapedj - I'm still gonna write it whether people read it or not 8-)
I'm on 1000 words so far, and I've planned out the whole storyline, worked out all the details for the world I've created, made maps for the different places (and the game itself), and wanna finish all 80000 words of it! :D

Also ALL of the maps are far from complete, so there will be a LOT I still need to do, but I'm working on Revelade Revolution at the moment :D

@CP - xD and Thanks :)

InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

My defination of cork is Hardcore. (O.O) A entire book...Woah. Just woah.
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!