Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Jumper: The Way of Life

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)

Which name sounds best?

Jumper: The Game of Bounding
27%
Jumper: A Bounding Game
No votes
Bounder: The Game of Jumping
No votes
Bounder: A Jumping Game
9%
Other (refer to wildcard/personal idea in post)
64%

Total votes: 11

chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: Jumper: The Way of Life

Post by chocolatepie33 »

well, I'm not really sure if I'm gonna be done, as I don't know what textures I'm gonna use in the final version or not... I used some weird textures, like the red aard carpet texture.

anyways, I'll send it to you when I'm done with the mapping, you can texture the rest.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

Thanks, I look forward to it.

Now, the main Campaign mode itself, is the League of Extreme Jumpers. Should there be a crowd sound? Cheering and such?

Also, I think hardstyle/hardcore/rave music would be best as it's adrenaline pumping at times, which would be perfect. Any ideas?
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Post by cork279 »

I think that the crow/cheering sounds would sound good, especially with the rave music at the same time :D

Is this the sort of music you mean:
http://www.moddb.com/members/cork279/videos/sausages
You can use that for the game if you want? ;)
(4:55 is the best part)
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

Okay. Sausages, well, it's definitely good, but it's long. More of a trance track due to the build up and stuff (if you get my drift). However, if you could create similar stuff that's shorter (say 3 minutes) it'd be good. Listen to some stuff by Ephixa, as his earlier stuff is phenomenal hardstyle/rave. I have some stuff I can use already from other artists, so it'll be a start.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Jumper: Space Map

Post by chocolatepie33 »

screenshot_387024.png
screenshot_375005.png
screenshot_382893.png
Here's the map, download it here: http://www.screencast.com/users/chocola ... f51226771b

The green platform is the playerstart. The blue and red platforms hold respawnpoints. As you may see, the map is oddly textured for a space map. There is a problem with it: players could risk jumping off of one platform, skip an entire section and land on the platforms quite far ahead, and I haven't thought of a solution yet, other than to use clip. I do use jumppads quite a bit in the beginning, and lava later on.
Save the wiki!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

Thanks! As you may have noticed, I made my Legend map so that you can't miss the next platform without dying quickly. I used respawn for that, it's a materiel under F3. Using that might help ;D

I'll download the map and tell you what I think :)
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

that's what I did as well, I used a "floor" of respawn, but you can't see that because I turned material volumes off during the screenshots. I don't even bother with F3, I just use Shift+R (which works well with glass, clip, noclip, respawn and lava, using Shift+(insert first letter here)).
Save the wiki!
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

You can use the jump part of my cave map if you wish, or a part of it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N51lvOA6p9M), I've finished the parts that you see in the video, this map includes wall jumping too =).
I played your map, it was kinda hard and I agree with Matt and chocolatepie that it needed an indication for the jumppads, I now sometimes couldn't find where to go, because I saw that no jump was possible (couldn't see the jumppads), so I cheated to see them, but that's the only purpose I used it for ;).
And at some places it was hard to find out where the jumppad was, but with glowing orbs that'll be fixed.
I suggest you make some easier maps too, this one was kinda hard, and maybe some more difference in the platforms, and some background stuff (maybe a small village under the map, with some respawn material above it, just to make it look better).
Keep up the good work!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

That's a great map Rune, I'm surprised you haven't placed it up yet! However, that's not quite the style I'm looking for (more futuristic, yet simplistic). The level you played was a Legend airena, and therefore meant to be hard. There will be simpler levels, and medium difficulty as well. :D

I'm not quite sold on the glowing orb, but I think for now that'll work best. Question. Should the name Legend Mode be changed to Challenge Mode?
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

Challenge mode would be cool, with all sorts of challenges, but you shouldn't just do jumping, what about a falling challenge too (is in my map too =P)? I can send you my map if you wish