Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Moonvalley - RPG

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Re: RPG (don't have a name yet)

Post by Leo_V117 »

wildflower wrote:
chocolatepie33 wrote:if the windows are all the same size, just copy and paste. Highlight geometry, hit c, right-click and drag the selection window over to the next window, overlap entirely, and hit v to paste. If not, then hit ` again to bring up the console, and use the up and down arrows to go through history.
Sadly all my windows in the city Moonvalley have a center thing that disappear when I use this trick (see attached image).

I'll keep it in mind for future windows thou.
Thats a very easy issue to fix, simply select the central section and use that material "air", simple! :D
wildflower
Name: Sandie

Post by wildflower »

Leo_V117 wrote:Thats a very easy issue to fix, simply select the central section and use that material "air", simple! :D
I wish it was that simple :(

The center thing is two gridsize 0 squares as thin as they get (I think they're 1/8 of normal size), so if I make those into air, those windows will have a 7/8 hole on each side. So if I want a window with a tiny thingie in the center, I have two options, either use the glass material or make a 3D model I can use instead (think I'll go with the last option).
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Leo_V117 »

wildflower wrote:
Leo_V117 wrote:Thats a very easy issue to fix, simply select the central section and use that material "air", simple! :D
I wish it was that simple :(

The center thing is two gridsize 0 squares as thin as they get (I think they're 1/8 of normal size), so if I make those into air, those windows will have a 7/8 hole on each side. So if I want a window with a tiny thingie in the center, I have two options, either use the glass material or make a 3D model I can use instead (think I'll go with the last option).
Ever thought of making the pane larger? Set it as a Gridsize of 1, then re-do both sides... Should look pretty nice.
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

Leo_V117 wrote:Ever thought of making the pane larger?
No... ;)
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Leo_V117 »

wildflower wrote:
No... ;)
Try it, and it would both solve your problem, AND look rather nice. 8-)
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

Leo_V117 wrote:
wildflower wrote:
No... ;)
Try it, and it would both solve your problem, AND look rather nice. 8-)
Yes... The workarounds are countless, but none of them give me a small centerpiece witch I personally prefer.
I did tried a large centerpiece, and it looked clumsy imho.
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Leo_V117 »

wildflower wrote: Yes... The workarounds are countless, but none of them give me a small centerpiece witch I personally prefer.
I did tried a large centerpiece, and it looked clumsy imho.
You could always try copying your window frame to an empty map, clearing it, then placing it inside there and using "/writeobj", then texturing it with your modelling oftware..... Add the model to your map, then place the frame there, using "/alpha" and "/valpha" to create the glass.
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Re: Moonvalley - RPG

Post by jSoftApps »

I think that would do the trick. The model formats ate obj, md2, md3, md5 and iqm
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

Leo_V117 wrote: You could always try copying your window frame to an empty map, clearing it, then placing it inside there and using "/writeobj",....
That's so awesome :o ! Don't know that I can do this before. It's ways easier than a common modeling software!
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

Leo_V117 wrote:You could always try copying your window frame to an empty map, clearing it, then placing it inside there and using "/writeobj", then texturing it with your modelling oftware..... Add the model to your map, then place the frame there, using "/alpha" and "/valpha" to create the glass.
That's a nice feature 8-)

I did make some window-bars (in Blender) and now I "just" have to apply this model on all the windows in the two maps (I have two different versions of the same map in the game).

I actually considered making it a feature instead of a bug, by having a dialog with one of the npc's go something like this:

Player:"Why is it that the windows in this town look so... different?"
Npc:"Well thats because...(insert totally bonkers explanation here)"
:mrgreen: