Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Metroid Fusion Inspired Map

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
GigaShadow
Name: Dominic
IRC Username: GigaShadow

Metroid Fusion Inspired Map

Post by GigaShadow »

This map will consist of a command deck from metroid prime 3 plus a main sector and four other sectors that are metroid related
Need Texture Help? Pm me and I can help you out with all of your texturing needs.
GigaShadow

Re: Metroid Fusion Inspired Map

Post by GigaShadow »

Sector 3 is done and I'm working on sector 4 which will be an ice sector. Here is a screenshot of sector 4 so far:
Ice sector intro
Ice sector intro
Need Texture Help? Pm me and I can help you out with all of your texturing needs.
GigaShadow

Post by GigaShadow »

Here is a screenshot of sector 3
Sector 3 from a lookout point
Sector 3 from a lookout point
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

Looks like a fun map, can't wait to try it out! :)
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

Me neither. Looks like you've got an eye for detail. :D
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

This is great, I like the textures. (Are they custom? They don't look super familiar) Is this available for download?

Also, try to edit posts to add things instead of triple posting. Just to keep things simple.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
GigaShadow

Post by GigaShadow »

I've added many custom textures to both the sectors but most of the one's I used are still built in with sandbox. I could upload the file somewhere if anyone want's the prologue to sector 4 or sector 3. I would have to upload all of the Textures though. I'll upload the map files here so you can at least see them. I am constantly adding things to all of my maps so some things are still being changed. if you find unfinished parts in them just know that I am working on it and nothing will ever truly be done.
...Oh...I see. I can't upload .ogz files. Well I will post everything on google docs then. I will post the links to my textures and maps once it is all uploaded. Beware there is a LOT of textures, but I have a custom .cfg file that comes with it that will load all of them correctly. Some textures have a -norm or a -bump at the end of their name which indicates what kind of function it performs when creating a 3d texture.

In other words just wait until I post the links and you can download all the nice textures and maps. I will give instructions for how to install the textures then.
GigaShadow

Post by GigaShadow »

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwwdRf ... m&hl=en_US
try that link. You should be able to downed all of the textures and the packages.cfg file
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

just to check, are these ALL the textures, or just the custom ones? There's a LOT of them.

Maybe you should just add only the custom textures to a zip file and upload that. You could make a second zip file with the map files (.ogz, .cfg, .bak, -art.cfg). That, I think, would make everything much easier to find and download. Also, are these your textures you've created, or just ones you've found? If you made them, I'd hope you have a license for them, preferably a Creative Commons 3 (CC-BY-SA) license. If they aren't yours, please make sure to include the appropriate licenses.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
GigaShadow

Post by GigaShadow »

They are all custom ones no sandbox ones are included. Many of them are photo's I found that I made into textures and bump/normal mapped them. You are right I probably should include the licenses. They are from so many sources though so it will be difficult. On second thought just go to cgtextures, they have plenty there anyways. If anyone needs one made seamless or bump/normal mapped just ask me. That will probably be easier than downloading the whole thing since most of it none will use.I will post my maps though. In fact, I will post them now. Go here if you want sector 3 and the prologue to sector 4: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwwdRf ... 3&hl=en_US
Of course you would have to retexture them.