Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

A big project going underway(help advice welcomed)

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
stealthpanda
Name: Stealthpanda

A big project going underway(help advice welcomed)

Post by stealthpanda »

My first and current project is a city called Trenischourt. It is based off of a place in a book I read and is a massive city. The city is full of bustling crowds and merchants hawking their wares. The city so far is a collection of crude blocks that are supposed to be buildings. :D What I aim to do in the coming weeks is to clean things up and give everything some decent textures. I can not figure out how to effectively post some screenshots from my desktop, can someone help with this?

all for now
Current projects: an unamed rpg
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Re: A big project going underway(help advice welcomed)

Post by cork279 »

Post screenshots by editing your post (or post a new comment) and click on "Upload attachment" under the comment box. Select your screenshot file, then click on "Add the file". Wait for it to finish uploading.
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

To make screenshots in Sandbox, hit F12.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
stealthpanda

Post by stealthpanda »

Thanks to both of you. That helps, by the way, check the gallery, I added 2 screenshots of my current project(I know that they are really bad right now).
stealthpanda

Post by stealthpanda »

All right, so I have abandoned that project there was all that hype about. Now I have that off my chest. On the flipside, I have decided to pursue making an RPG project to A)better my pas skills and to B)get a bit of recognition.
So, my new project has no name yet, but I can almost guarantee that it will be pretty awesome. A good portion of this unamed rpg will be exploration based, forcing you to solve puzzles, delve into caverns and dungeons, and use find clues to bring you one step closer to the game's climax. One main feature that I wish to implement is a vast, spread out world with it's own regions and races. I have already started on the first region, which is the great plain. I will post a screenshot as soon as I can.

As for now, stay tuned people, and make sure to post some feedback(I welcome constructive critisism) :D
stealthpanda

Post by stealthpanda »

Good news, I have made major progress on the first village. I am still thinking about a name for it, but the map is coming along good. It consists of a canyon with homes built into the cliff face. I need to find some good map models to put in, finish the mapping, clean up the geometry a bit, and light it, but so far it's looking good. Comments and avice are encouraged.

all for now
Attachments
A main view of the village you start in
A main view of the village you start in
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

Looks good so far. As for advice, I might add some heightmap into the sides of the cliffs to make it more authentic.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
stealthpanda

Post by stealthpanda »

arcones wrote:Looks good so far. As for advice, I might add some heightmap into the sides of the cliffs to make it more authentic.
Ya, I may do that sometime soon, however, I want to keep a loose chunky feel for the game. Part of this area will be scaling a massive tree thru use of its branches and hollow interior. I want to have some roots of the tree looping through the landscape, so as to be used as platforms.

ALSO, I NEED SOME GOOD FANTASY-LIKE, YET CARTOONY TEXTURES to use for this environment(as in grass, dirt, leaves, bark, branches, and wood)any contributions will be appreciated.
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

stealthpanda wrote: Part of this area will be scaling a massive tree thru use of its branches and hollow interior. I want to have some roots of the tree looping through the landscape, so as to be used as platforms.
Huh, funny. I had a similar (okay, exactly same) idea a while back (think PAS 2.5) but it got lost somewhere in the "Sandbox Map Graveyard". Haven't gone looking for it yet.... :D
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
stealthpanda

Post by stealthpanda »

lol, so do u know any good texture packs?