Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

jamato

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
northstar
Name: steven

Re: jamato

Post by northstar »

startmap
startmap
quick question... just to see, if you look close at the three stones, you can see that they are rotated in different directions... now... can i set up the door that these three stones set into, so that it is also set to the yaw of the object, to open the door? or should i not even worry about the yaws...
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

It looks good, but may I suggest different heights everywhere (not only in the hills), thatd make it look even better ;)
northstar

Post by northstar »

yeah you're right @runes... these two maps are just first drafts which will evolve over time... de-flattening (is that even a word?) was in the farsight... a good friend of mine told me once... 'its all in the accessories'... and you know... she has a point (smile)... thx
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

I myself try to start with different heights to avoid having problems with that at the end, but if your way works for you, gl ;)
northstar

Post by northstar »

map2
map2
pencil sketch of the island...
northstar

Post by northstar »

map2
map2
getting closer... can hardly wait to get to the castle keep... its gonna be some piece of work inside (smile)...
northstar

Post by northstar »

well we made it past the summer solstice... as the days begin to grow shorter, and the winter winds lurk by our doorsteps... its time for our hero to get some things done before the winter snows wrap us in their arms...

i'll be splitting my time now, playing a bit with UDK, working on PAS (awaiting 2.8 (smile)), and actually getting off my lazy... um, couch... and doing some work around the house...

have fun guys...
northstar

Post by northstar »

ok, i'm back from tearing apart udk, eisenstern, and cube 2 (cube 3 is comming) and i'm just about to take my maps and make a game out of them... i will probably record it as i go and upload them to u-tube oor soomething, but dont hold your breath, it will take awhile... this folder setup is the best way to do it i think, but i will probably be pulling some things from cube three... jeese... i'll have to make a list... nice to be home
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

This game/map-pack looks amazing. Too bad there isn't a "watch" button!

- Leo