Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

The Keep - Progress Report

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
tyche
Name: Craig A. Eddy
IRC Username: tyche

The Keep - Progress Report

Post by tyche »

Just a minor update on The Keep. I've started on the Great Room.
The_Keep-Greatroom.jpg
The_Keep-Greatroom2.jpg
Do you have any idea how hard it is to create a throne and trestle table INSIDE the game? :D

Craig
Tyche
tyche
Name: Craig A. Eddy
IRC Username: tyche

Re: The Keep - Progress Report #2

Post by tyche »

For those that are interested, the .ogz, -art.cfg and the texture files are posted at http://www.sendspace.com/file/grtvzl as a .tar.gz. The compressed file is large (6.1 MB) due to the textures. I'll try to reduce the size of them, later. (It means going through each graphic individually and making sure that they are reduced to the lowest possible number without reducing the effectiveness of the graphic). You're welcome to play with the files, use, modify, or whatever as you like. Since this is a learning experience for me, I'm not concerned with fielding whether or not something should be put back into the overall map, though I might be interested in how you do something.

With regard to textures: The granite (finished and unfinished) textures are created from photographs of actual granite. The original photos were "do as you like" photos, from which "samples" were created, and modified to work for the textures. The textures, therefore, can be used for other purposes than just this map.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Keep - Progress Report

Post by Mike »

This is some cool stuff!! Are you going to put any characters in this and give the a history/story? Perhaps you could have viking ogres drinking at the tables, haha, having a crazy party. Take care and keep up the good work!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!