Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Dark Tunnels

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Re: Dark Tunnels

Post by InHumanUnit »

Your thread is dying! Quick, CPR!!!
AKA whats ze updates?
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

In the long run, it really has been slow, partly due to school starting again, and a total burn up on my end.

Mapping
The last update showed the WECU chambers, and the detailing that went into them. I had started them without the realization that I could not, in a sane condition, recreate them 3 more times from scratch. That meant I needed to find a way to copy and paste each one in proportion to the plans I had in mind. That took several mapping sessions just to get the 4 square right. Then I realized on the scale I needed it to be on, there should have been 3 other 4 squares (yes you read that right). I ended up increasing the mapsize and copying and pasting over a quarter of the map for each WECU square. That also took a lot of work. So unfortunately I didn't get a whole lot of detailing done, but I did complete the majority of the level.After that, it was mainly to give the level a more "scientific feel". Catwalks, big doors, and unadorned supports. This started out fine, with a main catwalk along each wall, two story's high. From there I planned on branching the catwalks throughout the facility. However, after completing a portion of the catwalks, and in an attempt to save my work, the engine crashed. Unfortunately it erased my catwalk work, with all the detailing I had put into it (railings, texturing, etc). That was tough as I had wanted to finish the level really bad (although I knew my expectations were unrealistic). So I just had to step back.

Storyline/Plot
I haven't really given an update on the storyline, and that's why I'm doing so now. At the time of the mapping, I (thought I) had the storyline watertight. Not true. I've now learned that storylines can be revised many times before you're satisfied with them. While the plot still revolves around the Energy Resource Initiative, it's why the ERI facility was truly set up that I need clarification on. So I'll continue working on that in the upcoming weeks.The Added Bonus
This week I got back into contact with Slayer (who had done our early concept for the Dark Tunnels logo). He had taken a serious interest into 3d modeling, and so I was able to get his help for some props. Hopefully we can work out some more ideas and props together that will give the game an authentic feel.

Also, I'm very sorry that I couldn't give any screenshots this time around. Hopefully by the time the next monthly update rolls around there will be a lot more work done, and we can showcase it. For now, thanks for tracking, and if you have any ideas, please share them!

Thanks,
Sandfly - Lead Dev
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

Hey guys!

I've got a great update planned, so stay tuned! It'll involve the theme for Dark Tunnels, although I can't say more than that otherwise I'll ruin the surprise. This weekend I'll also strive to get some mapping work done as well. Thanks for hanging in there!
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

You're gonna be waiting on me for a bit though. Gotta get the template ready for some editing before I get started on the GUI Theme.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

A Dark Tunnels theme... sounds like the best thing on the planet. Hurry up and make it, Leo.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

Yep it does. So even if Leo doesn't get the theme done this week, I'll have a loading screen for you guys ;D

I'm looking forward to working on it!
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

I don't see any reason why the theme wont be finished by this week. However, I start college tomorrow and I'm in until 5:00 PM.
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

Media Update! DT Logo Update

Feedback is welcome!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Oooh... I like it. Kinda like the Tron logo.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

Its like a boss. Woah. That post was short. Really short.
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!