Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Beorn's Projects

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
Beorn

Beorn's Projects (including TARDIS)

Post by Beorn »

After watching about 3 episodes of Doctor Who last night, while analyzing the TARDIS, I decided to attempt making one--inside and out. Which is hard when the inside is bigger than the outside ;)

Will post my progress.
Last edited by Beorn on March 8th, 2010, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaLover101
Name: NAME
IRC Username: DaItsicle

Re: Project: TARDIS

Post by PizzaLover101 »

use teleports
Project 1: Da Chest Collector [TBD]
Project 2: Tis a secret [End of summer] announcement June 22 2011
Project 3: An even bigger secret!

http://pizzagametime.tk/
http://forums.pizzagametime.tk/
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

This is some great stuff! I have very much enjoyed Dr. Who in the past though I haven't seen any past the "Rose" bit . Are you planning on doing any more with this? Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

use teleports
i would consider using pizzalovers idea, but give the teleport no model, it looks better and it will work exactly the same
PizzaLover101
Name: NAME
IRC Username: DaItsicle

Post by PizzaLover101 »

Thank you!
Project 1: Da Chest Collector [TBD]
Project 2: Tis a secret [End of summer] announcement June 22 2011
Project 3: An even bigger secret!

http://pizzagametime.tk/
http://forums.pizzagametime.tk/
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Leo_V117 »

No problem.
Beorn

Post by Beorn »

Well, not exactly sure if I'm going to continue on this one, the inside of the Tardis is a mess. In the show, it has a circular inside, which I'm not exactly sure how to do, but there's also the controls in the middle with the green thing. The textures that are provided also wont work for a lot of it, and I don't know how to make/add textures. I really want to try as best I can, though.

I will probably come back to this project after I learn more, so I will re-awaken this thread later :)

And thanks for the suggestions! I'll try the teleport thing :)
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Leo_V117 »

Yeah, um, im making a few textures, although i dont know how to, just yet, as soon as i find out ill let you know.
stefos
Contributor
Contributor
Name: stefos

Post by stefos »

20 minutes and I got this....an older type Tardis imagine what you can do with the right textures and lighting !!!

Why not create your own cool comics with Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker

Visit Comix Sandbox Here http://www.comix-sandbox.com
stefos
Contributor
Contributor
Name: stefos

Post by stefos »

I think the DR WHO idea is a great one keep it up.

A short history of the DR WHO Series

Dr Who is the longest running science fiction television series in the world and is the same age as me.

Shooting of the series started the day after President Kennedy was assassinated. (work it out)

A few years back the BBC was going to finish the series for good....there was a public outcry and the BBC rightly revamped the whole DR WHO franchise and brought into the 21st century....Hollywood movie, bigger budgets per episode.

DR Who is in his 900s don't look so bad for his age...

DR WHO was a modern idea which is thought to be inspired by the classic by H.G.WELLS THE TIME MACHINE.

The tardis should be able to transform into any object matching the time in history it travels, however the tardis is a little long in the tooth and is stuck as an old police telephone box....(1960s)

I think DR WHO will be transforming to his 11th very soon though I think originally he only had 10 lives I may be wrong.....now he has 13 !

The great Late Peter Cushing played The Dr in I think 2 movies, however this DR is never counted in the list of Dr's and in fact is never really talked about much in DR Who circles !

I met one of the DR'S the one with the curly hair and long scarf .....while he was the Dr ...

K9 The robot dog was re introduced in the new series not so long ago ......As far as I know K9 was banished from the series because he was to clever ......he was always saving the day......and in the new series....guess what he saved the day and the Drs behind yet again ! but K9 was quickly killed off AGAIN !

The tardis is very big inside and in fact has infinite space within...The Doctor has on some occasions warned his companions not to walk to far from the control area as they could easily get lost ....forever. The tardis is indestructible ....it is not a wooden police phone box it is an alien craft.

Hope this helps with your Dr Who building !
Why not create your own cool comics with Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker

Visit Comix Sandbox Here http://www.comix-sandbox.com