Helping with a great program

We are always looking for experienced mappers, modelers, coders, artists and more to help make Sandbox a better experience for all.
CollegeforKids
Restricted User
Name: Caitlin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Helping with a great program

Postby CollegeforKids » June 16th, 2009, 9:39 pm

Hey,

As you know I'm new to Sandbox - just a few days into it, really. I've been teching it to elementary-aged children as Mike teaches it to me. Together the children and I are quickly beginning to love this program.

I am interested in assisting in a number of ways:

:arrow: Documentation - wikis, tutorials, videos. Essentially re-wording what Mike tells me and making it available to the public.
:arrow: Teacher material? As I teach my kids I find many good ways to teach and I've created a number of fun, colorful 'Cheatsheets' that make all the difference in my class.
:arrow: Artistry - I've been doing traditional art for my entire life and digital art since I was 11 years old. I'm interested in working with textures, advertisements, logos, anything 2D (haven't mastered blender!) I am however versed in Flash animation and actionscript.
:arrow: Website management - I've been coding xhtml and css by hand since 12 years old. I can help with anything in that area.

http://www.caitlinmariestudios.com/ <-- My website

Dannyboi
Name: Danny
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Helping with a great program

Postby Dannyboi » June 16th, 2009, 9:43 pm

Maybe you can help me out. Do you know how to script? Mike told me not to post my age anymore, haha. But i'll tell you im around the age you started and i need help learning to script. Even if you cant,

Thanks
-Danny
I'm BAAAACK!!! >:D

CollegeforKids
Restricted User

Postby CollegeforKids » June 16th, 2009, 9:55 pm

I have absolutely no scripting ability outside of websites

Dannyboi
Name: Danny

Postby Dannyboi » June 16th, 2009, 9:58 pm

Darn. Everyone else uses mubo-jumbo that I cant understand >.<

Thanks anyways,
-Danny
I'm BAAAACK!!! >:D

Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Postby Obsidian » June 17th, 2009, 7:43 am

CollegeforKids
Restricted User

Postby CollegeforKids » June 17th, 2009, 8:56 am

Haha yeah, I know. My own website is pretty much a terrible example of my actual coding skills. It was made as an entry for a scholarship that I procrastinated until I had about...oh...6 hours left to submit? So that's why the flash is so 'chunky' (slow loading) and I didn't bother validating (It was for The Art Institute...they just want it to be pretty...)

Thanks for catching that, though. You reminded me that I need to go back and change a few things.

Obsidian
Former Staff

Postby Obsidian » June 17th, 2009, 11:10 am

No problem. :)

You should've seen me on IRC when Mike added the ads to the board template files. He ruined by beautiful validation! :evil:

Ended up fixing that though. :lol:

Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mike » June 17th, 2009, 11:34 am

You mean when you changed my working code to broken code that messed up the forum look? :)
-mike
We also have a , , and a [/b][/color]!

Obsidian
Former Staff

Postby Obsidian » June 17th, 2009, 7:04 pm

Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mike » June 17th, 2009, 10:59 pm

You shouldn't use what you can't handle :) HE HE HE you can't handle the POWAAAAAA!!!!
We also have a , , and a [/b][/color]!

Return to “Join The Team!”