Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Tha problemo

Discussion of things not related to Sandbox
madfox95
Name: Sten
IRC Username: Madfox

Re: Tha problemo

Post by madfox95 »

Yes, i've collected items what i need :). But we taked to these genius guys laptop and they said that: U should make format c. But i found that when u want to make format then u have to right click on C, but then came message what I said before.
I am going to put u sleep, slowly!
In progress - I don't use PAS anymore. UDK is better.
freeze10108
Name: Matt

Post by freeze10108 »

Okay then, what I would do then is reinstall Windows, selecting to do a clean install, which should format the hard drive. ;)
madfox95

Post by madfox95 »

I got tha disk, but i cant make format :? When i try to make then it says that what i said before :?
freeze10108

Post by freeze10108 »

It won't let your format even when you boot from the disc?
madfox95

Post by madfox95 »

How to boot :D
freeze10108

Post by freeze10108 »

You should just need to put the disc in the drive and restart your computer. If it doesn't boot, you need to go into your BIOS settings (usually F2 or F12 during the very first screen when your computer turns on, but you should look and see what it says on that screen for commands first) and change the boot order (have the disc drive before the hard disk). ;)
madfox95

Post by madfox95 »

Okay noobish like i am, got there with pressed two of these buttons all the time :D. But now again a question XD. I don't know what to change and from where. Like i understanded u said BOOT. Then i went from there Boot - Boot settings and then i dont know what to choose :lol: Boot device priority, boot settings confg., security.

Okay i changed boot device priority - putted tha first device to cd. Now i got two things where to go :D. One was installation for vista, but i havent made format :shock:, i putted there the device key, but it didnt letted me download :?. And Advanced boot options - choose advanced optios for: Windows setup
Safe mode
Safe mode with networking
Safe mode with command prompt
Enable boot logging
Enable low resolution video
Last known good confg.
Directory services restore mode
Debugging mode
Disable automaic restart on system failure
Disable driver signature enforcment
Start windows normally.

I am soo confused :lol:
undo2
Name: beth
IRC Username: none yet

Post by undo2 »

Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 1651MB used, 4693MB available
isn't that awfully small? eh nevermind. i see mine is even smaller.

what about "LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION THAT WORKED"?

i think the boot device priority is the right one? i mean you just want to tell the machine to boot from your CD drive or at least offer you that option when you first turn on the computer, so that you can tell it to run the cd in the cd drive first if that's what you want to do. some windows xp computers come with the option to replace your windows files from a partition that's already been created and set aside so you don't even need a cd and you don't have to reformat .. it's called "Recovery". you just have the option to reinstall the windows programs that came with the computer originally, over top of the old ones, which usually fixes things like corrupt registries, although it often interferes with programs you've installed since then and may require you reinstall the programs. wonder if they didn't include that option with windows vista or if laptops in particular don't get the option?

if it helps any to know, the computer i'm on now, boots, almost gets to desktop, resets itself to boot screen and repeats this over and over. so i just do LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION THAT WORKED and it's fine. but i have to do that each time i restart the computer. this is what i do:

1. turn on the computer
2. press F8 till it takes me to the screen with the menu options like SAFE MODE, SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING, LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION THAT WORKED, etc, and select LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION THAT WORKED
3. the computer reboots itself with the last known good fig and is fine.

but if i try to start it up without that, it goes back into that loop where it shuts itself off before it gets to desktop
it could be a virus?
freeze10108

Post by freeze10108 »

@madfox95: You changed the boot priority correctly, so that's good. You need to go to installation of Vista. As you go through the installation steps, you should eventually get to an option of whether of not to format the disk. Choose to do so, and it should make a clean install.

Also, you said your product key wasn't working? You may need to skip it and tell Vista to install a Home Basic 32-bit version and try to get the key to work after installing it (you may need to contact Asus or Microsoft in the process) ;)

@undo2: The maximum amount of ram that 32-bit operating systems can utilize is approximately 3.4 GB, which is about 3400 MB, so madfox95's RAM isn't really low at all. Anyways, booting into the recovery mode can allow the user to replace system files, but, unless you know exactly which ones to replace, you'd be making shots in the dark. Maybe you'd find the right one, maybe not. With a fresh installation of an OS, all the files should be intact and need no fixing.

About your computer problem: you may need to go to "System Restore" (Start->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore) and select a restore point. I also doubt that a virus could be causing your problem, as most virus writers today are looking for one of three things: money, computer zombies, or personal information, none of which could be gained through shutting down the computer before it turns on. ;)
madfox95

Post by madfox95 »

Okay there wasnt any format choose, i just needed to download vista again XD. But okay now is all good and thank you freezy :D