Tha problemo

Discussion of things not related to Sandbox
madfox95
Name: Sten
IRC Username: Madfox

Re: Tha problemo

Postby madfox95 » August 12th, 2009, 1:18 pm

Yes, i've collected items what i need :). But we taked to these genius guys laptop and they said that: U should make format c. But i found that when u want to make format then u have to right click on C, but then came message what I said before.
I am going to put u sleep, slowly!
In progress - I don't use PAS anymore. UDK is better.

freeze10108
Name: Matt
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby freeze10108 » August 12th, 2009, 1:21 pm

Okay then, what I would do then is reinstall Windows, selecting to do a clean install, which should format the hard drive. ;)

madfox95

Postby madfox95 » August 12th, 2009, 1:25 pm

I got tha disk, but i cant make format :? When i try to make then it says that what i said before :?

freeze10108
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby freeze10108 » August 12th, 2009, 1:32 pm

It won't let your format even when you boot from the disc?

madfox95

Postby madfox95 » August 12th, 2009, 1:34 pm

How to boot :D

freeze10108

Postby freeze10108 » August 12th, 2009, 3:27 pm

You should just need to put the disc in the drive and restart your computer. If it doesn't boot, you need to go into your BIOS settings (usually F2 or F12 during the very first screen when your computer turns on, but you should look and see what it says on that screen for commands first) and change the boot order (have the disc drive before the hard disk). ;)

madfox95

Postby madfox95 » August 13th, 2009, 1:40 am

Okay noobish like i am, got there with pressed two of these buttons all the time :D. But now again a question XD. I don't know what to change and from where. Like i understanded u said BOOT. Then i went from there Boot - Boot settings and then i dont know what to choose :lol: Boot device priority, boot settings confg., security.

Okay i changed boot device priority - putted tha first device to cd. Now i got two things where to go :D. One was installation for vista, but i havent made format :shock:, i putted there the device key, but it didnt letted me download :?. And Advanced boot options - choose advanced optios for: Windows setup
Safe mode
Safe mode with networking
Safe mode with command prompt
Enable boot logging
Enable low resolution video
Last known good confg.
Directory services restore mode
Debugging mode
Disable automaic restart on system failure
Disable driver signature enforcment
Start windows normally.

I am soo confused :lol:

undo2
Name: beth
IRC Username: none yet

Postby undo2 » August 13th, 2009, 5:44 am

freeze10108

Postby freeze10108 » August 13th, 2009, 11:28 am

@madfox95: You changed the boot priority correctly, so that's good. You need to go to installation of Vista. As you go through the installation steps, you should eventually get to an option of whether of not to format the disk. Choose to do so, and it should make a clean install.

Also, you said your product key wasn't working? You may need to skip it and tell Vista to install a Home Basic 32-bit version and try to get the key to work after installing it (you may need to contact Asus or Microsoft in the process) ;)

@undo2: The maximum amount of ram that 32-bit operating systems can utilize is approximately 3.4 GB, which is about 3400 MB, so madfox95's RAM isn't really low at all. Anyways, booting into the recovery mode can allow the user to replace system files, but, unless you know exactly which ones to replace, you'd be making shots in the dark. Maybe you'd find the right one, maybe not. With a fresh installation of an OS, all the files should be intact and need no fixing.

About your computer problem: you may need to go to "System Restore" (Start->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore) and select a restore point. I also doubt that a virus could be causing your problem, as most virus writers today are looking for one of three things: money, computer zombies, or personal information, none of which could be gained through shutting down the computer before it turns on. ;)

madfox95

Postby madfox95 » August 14th, 2009, 11:47 am

Okay there wasnt any format choose, i just needed to download vista again XD. But okay now is all good and thank you freezy :D

Return to “Off-topic”