Aussies

Discussion of things not related to Sandbox
User avatar
johnno56
Member
Member
Posts: 157
Joined: June 12th, 2009, 4:06 am
Name: John
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Aussies

Postby johnno56 » June 24th, 2009, 6:18 am

Just a quick question.

Apart from myself, are there any other Australians who are forum members?

Although I appreciate all the help and advise, it takes almost a whole day or more to receive any responses. Maybe I should learn to be a bit more patient?

Regards

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.

User avatar
Obsidian
Former Staff
Posts: 454
Joined: May 24th, 2009, 1:52 pm
IRC Username: Katana
Contact:

Re: Aussies

Postby Obsidian » June 24th, 2009, 8:09 am

Myself, I'm in North America, so meh. But I do know there's a few other aussies here. I'll go poke one and point them to this topic..
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/

Hirato
Developer
Developer
Posts: 689
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 1:23 pm
IRC Username: hirato

Re: Aussies

Postby Hirato » June 24th, 2009, 8:11 am

Obsidian wrote:I'll go poke one and point them to this topic..


ow...
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless

User avatar
johnno56
Member
Member
Posts: 157
Joined: June 12th, 2009, 4:06 am
Name: John
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Aussies

Postby johnno56 » June 24th, 2009, 6:50 pm

Damian,

Am I correct in assuming that you are Oz by birth? If so, where abouts did you come from? How long have you been in North America? Do you get any rain? I mean, a lot of rain! Please send some here. It's been over 8 years since we have had REAL rain in Victoria. We are as dry as a lizard's armpit sittin' on a hot rock.

Regards

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.

User avatar
Obsidian
Former Staff
Posts: 454
Joined: May 24th, 2009, 1:52 pm
IRC Username: Katana
Contact:

Re: Aussies

Postby Obsidian » June 24th, 2009, 11:37 pm

johnno56 wrote:Damian,

Am I correct in assuming that you are Oz by birth? If so, where abouts did you come from? How long have you been in North America? Do you get any rain? I mean, a lot of rain! Please send some here. It's been over 8 years since we have had REAL rain in Victoria. We are as dry as a lizard's armpit sittin' on a hot rock.

Regards

J


Um, no, I'm not an aussie, at all. I just lived there for two years when my family was deployed there. I'm American, born in Nebraska. Yes, I get rain, but it's summer now. :?
Been back in North America for 10, no...12 years?
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/

User avatar
johnno56
Member
Member
Posts: 157
Joined: June 12th, 2009, 4:06 am
Name: John
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Aussies

Postby johnno56 » June 25th, 2009, 5:40 am

Oh dear. I was hoping that I was not the only one here.... :cry:

Please do not interpret my previous inquiry as an insult, as none was intended. Some people do not like being mistaken for an Aussie. I hope that your stay with us was enjoyable. If ever you decide to return.... bring some of that rain with you :lol:

Regards

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.

User avatar
Obsidian
Former Staff
Posts: 454
Joined: May 24th, 2009, 1:52 pm
IRC Username: Katana
Contact:

Re: Aussies

Postby Obsidian » June 25th, 2009, 6:20 am

johnno56 wrote:Oh dear. I was hoping that I was not the only one here.... :cry:

Please do not interpret my previous inquiry as an insult, as none was intended. Some people do not like being mistaken for an Aussie. I hope that your stay with us was enjoyable. If ever you decide to return.... bring some of that rain with you :lol:

Regards

J

No, you aren't the only one. I poked one of the other Aussies here. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=73&p=420#p389
;) :lol:
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/


Return to “Off-topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest