Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

3D Models Animation Preset

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
justanother1
Name: Joe

Re: 3D Models Animation Preset

Post by justanother1 »

Battlegirl.png
wand-blender.png
as far as a wand ..... this is just an Object here. Its not animated
java.x.beast
Name: Addis
IRC Username: javaxbeast

Post by java.x.beast »

justanother1 wrote:
wand-blender.png
as far as a wand ..... this is just an Object here. Its not animated
That looks great! Now I just need a character model with animations. I would like some armor on it. I'll need several skins to act as "armor". This is so that whenever a person equips armor, it changes the skin to make it look like he is actually wearing it. This is one of the ideas for AD. Just send me the model in zip format. Thanks

-Java
Age of Darkness
Maps: Image
Music: Image
Models: Image
Scripts: Image
Other: Image
Visit the company website: (In progress (Expected to be released in two weeks :uber:) 8-) :D 8-) )
Visit the company page on ModDB: Vulcanis Entertainment
java.x.beast wrote: I got them moves like JAGger!!!
justanother1

Post by justanother1 »

You and I need to have a Chat .... I need a better description than "a character model with animations" ... Male/female, hairstyle/color, alien, dwarf, space, medieval ... google some images and post them .... comic book, old movies, and add some comments .. so I have something to work with .... ok
java.x.beast
Name: Addis
IRC Username: javaxbeast

Post by java.x.beast »

I see that you're online. Please get on the IRC so I can describe it to you, as the hero/player model is quite important for the game ( :D duh :D ). Thanks for your time. If you could upload the wand to Sendspace or SourceForge so that I can download it. A link would be great. Thanks for all your help!

-Java
Age of Darkness
Maps: Image
Music: Image
Models: Image
Scripts: Image
Other: Image
Visit the company website: (In progress (Expected to be released in two weeks :uber:) 8-) :D 8-) )
Visit the company page on ModDB: Vulcanis Entertainment
java.x.beast wrote: I got them moves like JAGger!!!
justanother1

Post by justanother1 »

Im going right now .... hurry I'm using the Mbit one ...
justanother1

Post by justanother1 »

sorry I had to go so quick .... other business ... but I never got your pics .. try posting them here ....
justanother1

Post by justanother1 »

I know you got some good Ideas but if your still a kid, and this is your first try, instead of trying to keep this a SECRET, how about we just try and get it DONE! Then when everybody likes it, and you can put your name on it and get it out there .... Then you can keep your NEXT project a secret ...... you know .....
Honestly, you'll never build a first rate game with a second rate freeware engine, and second rate freeware animation software. Thats why the Pros pay $4-$5k for Max and Zbrush and the new game engines .... my time is limited, I need your answeres soon or nevermind !!
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Post by jSoftApps »

justanother1 wrote:Honestly, you'll never build a first rate game with a second rate freeware engine, and second rate freeware animation software. Thats why the Pros pay $4-$5k for Max and Zbrush and the new game engines .... my time is limited, I need your answeres soon or nevermind !!
First of all, Sandbox is NOT a second rate freeware engine, I repeat NOT second rate freeware engine. If we had a bigger development team (like I said before) this engine would beat the "First Rate" Engines. Second, I know pros that have used blender for professional games that have gotten a high rating score. Now, this engine might not be as easy to use as Source or UDK, but I see it as the future of game design for every big development company. You can even quote me on this for when it is. :mrgreen:
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
justanother1

Post by justanother1 »

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be derogatory. Yes the graphics are very nice and the map editor is quite easy to use! Importing geometry and textures is easy enough, but muddling through the murky quagmire that is the wiki and the tutorials thread to find this out, is an RPG all of it's own. And if you don't know what your looking for, you definitely will not find it !! I honestly only ran onto PAS about a week ago, and so far I like what I see. But there are many problems. You have a FPS without any S, the Vehicle sim just doesn't work, and to import a character model, one has to "replace the troll" ... what if I want 25 character models ?

Besides that if you'd read through the rest of this thread you'd realize it had become just a communique between Javabeast and I as he was looking for someone to build him a character model. No it wasn't private, doesn't need to be either, as i was explaining to him, but it was an A and B conversation. C your way OUT!
Last edited by justanother1 on October 26th, 2011, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

justanother1 wrote:But there are many problems. You have a FPS without any S, the Vehicle sim just doesn't work, and to import a character model, one has to "replace the troll" ... what if I want 25 character models ?
The shooting is a real problem. I would like to build my game with this engine, but I decided to use the original Sauerbraten - Engine, because it includes weapons.
The character problem is very bad, too. This wasn't changed from the original engine. I have now this problem, too. I have a lot of ideas and modeling knowledge, but the characters are too limited.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox