Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Couple Questions

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Beorn

Couple Questions

Post by Beorn »

Okay, so I'm having a bit of trouble making hills that seem smooth. All the ones I've made look pretty boxy-ish. Especially once I light the map. I want hills that turn out like this: http://www.moddb.com/games/platinum-art ... 4#imagebox So do I use the smooth tool? I tried that a little bit, but I want to make sure before I use it on my whole map.

Few other questions: When I light a map, shadows seem very boxy. Is there a way to get around this? Another question: I have a big map. You can see all the texture patterns in my buildings and such (especially my castle). Any way to sort of... blur them or make the pattern a little more... un-pattern-like? Another: How do I make invisible barriers?

Venima
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Tombstone
IRC Username: Venima
Location: Somewhere in the eternal planes between the living and the dead

Re: Couple Questions

Post by Venima »

Smooth hills: While in editmode, having no squares selected, press "h", then scroll with the mousewheel up and down. That's all I know.

Boxy shadows: try playing around with K, Shift+K and Ctrl+Shift+K. If that doesn't work then I don't know how to solve this issue.

"un-pattern walls" you could try using the paint tool. I personally don't know how to change settings with that though.

Invisible barrier: select the area you want as a barrier, press "F3", click on materials and click on "Clip". (to select the area you can first fill it with a wall, and scroll up on the wall to remove it afterwards)
Tombstone's Tournament round 2 has begun! Tombstone's Posting Tournament

Try out my: CFG Easy Text Editor (Note: still in beta)

-----Venima
Beorn

Post by Beorn »

I do know how to make hills, they just don't look smooth like real ones do. I was wondering how to get the "flowing" affect.

And there's a paint tool?! Do you know where I can find it?

Thanks for the help :)
Venima
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Tombstone
IRC Username: Venima
Location: Somewhere in the eternal planes between the living and the dead

Post by Venima »

I know you press p to toggle through them. And scroll for different paint shapes, but other than that I can't actually get it to work, except on the village map...

perhaps if you set the cursor size to really small that might make them smoother, hold g and scroll.
Tombstone's Tournament round 2 has begun! Tombstone's Posting Tournament

Try out my: CFG Easy Text Editor (Note: still in beta)

-----Venima
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

To use the paint tool you have to find the textures with another texture inside of it mainly in the top right corner.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
Beorn

Post by Beorn »

Ohh!! So that's what those are for! Thanks, I'll be getting on right about now to check it out :mrgreen:

Edit: Hmmm... guess I don't get it after all.