how do I convert an obj file to an MD3 file?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the when posting support requests.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Creatorrookie
Name: John
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

how do I convert an obj file to an MD3 file?

Postby Creatorrookie » July 12th, 2010, 6:30 pm

I have found the perfect skin for my mapmodel and the skin is like the skin of the robot monkeys. I believe I have to convert my obj file o an MD3 file and change the cfg to make the skin go with my mapmodel. However, i can't use blender to convert it because it can only import blender files and export them as different files. :x How do I convert my obj file to an MD3 or required file for my skin to work with my mapmodel? :?
The rookie in sandbox... :)

GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Re: how do I convert an obj file to an MD3 file?

Postby GR1M » July 12th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Open Blender > File > Import > Choose, Wavefront - OBJ > Find and select your model > File > Export > 3DS.

Download this --> "Very handy one of the best converters i've used" Open Npherno > Import Objects > Your model > Rebuild Normals > Export objects > Select MD3 ...etc.

Creatorrookie

Postby Creatorrookie » July 18th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Are you sure I have to convert it to 3ds and not MD3?

Creatorrookie

Postby Creatorrookie » July 18th, 2010, 6:04 pm

I tried Npherno but when I select my model (.obj,.MD2,.3ds) it says that it is not an MD3 model and will not import it!

GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Postby GR1M » July 18th, 2010, 8:34 pm

If your using obj it won't work, use 3ds.

Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Postby Leo_V117 » December 24th, 2010, 11:43 am

Thanks for this GR1M, Lucky for me I already use 3Ds Max, so I can skip a step (converting to 3Ds), All I have to do is Export to MD3, If only there was one for 3Ds to MD5...

Return to “Sandbox General Support”