Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Monsters in multiplayer

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
esequiel14

Monsters in multiplayer

Post by esequiel14 »

Does anybody knows how to make monsters appear in multiplayer? i know how to make bots appear in multiplayer but monsters how? anybody knows the coding?

it would be cool playing water wars mode in multiplayer with some monsters living in the map attacking both teams.
check out my video tutorials and sandbox coolest maps in http://www.youtube.com/user/Esequiel14
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Re: Monsters in multiplayer

Post by siimvuss »

you must make a bot that is a monster model...
esequiel14

Post by esequiel14 »

siimvuss wrote:you must make a bot that is a monster model...
ja ja ja you are funny well if i do it your way do you know how do i make the bots spawn in a certain location when i load the map? and by doing that i would have to make the whole sandbox comunity replace their bot model with a monster model, any other way to put monsters in multiplayer?
check out my video tutorials and sandbox coolest maps in http://www.youtube.com/user/Esequiel14
xweetok59
Name: Something
IRC Username: xweetok59

Post by xweetok59 »

If it is in RPG mode point your mouse at the place you want the NPC to spawn to and type in "/spawn" without the quotes. In normal mode, well, i don't know, but there was a tutorial somewhere on youtube for that.
offtools
Name: offtools
IRC Username: offtools

Post by offtools »

hi,

bots are the multiplayer verson of monsters. only fighting/shooting was removed from the bot ai, so it has to be added for water wars again. it should also not a big problem to add the abilitiy to attack both teams. monsters will never work in multiplayer. bots are clients b its own, so they can connect to a server in multiplayer.

offtools
esequiel14

Post by esequiel14 »

offtools is there any way to make only the bots appear with monster models? and is there a way to make the bots appear automaticaly when the map is loaded?
esequiel14

Post by esequiel14 »

offtools wrote:monsters will never work in multiplayer.
:lol: if monster cant never be in multiplayer modes how does some people are trying to make an mmorpg in platinum? i bet they didnt knew this :lol:
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Post by siimvuss »

esequiel14 wrote:
offtools wrote:monsters will never work in multiplayer.
:lol: if monster cant never be in multiplayer modes how does some people are trying to make an mmorpg in platinum? i bet they didnt knew this :lol:
Cant you understand??? What I and offtools just said. We said that if you want to make monsters work in multiplayer you need to create a bot (you dont have to replace the original bot you can create a new bot class so to say) and make it look the way you want... Then bots AI can be coded so that it will work just the way YOU want. But you have to do it YOURSELF since everyone wants sth specific for their game.
So read through the comments you get before you start to tell they are rubbish. If you think that advice you get from smarter people is rubbish, then why do you even bother posting in the forums?
offtools
Name: offtools
IRC Username: offtools

Post by offtools »

btw: mike is working on a project plan for water wars.

offtools.
esequiel14

Post by esequiel14 »

siimvuss wrote:Cant you understand??? What I and offtools just said. We said that if you want to make monsters work in multiplayer you need to create a bot (you dont have to replace the original bot you can create a new bot class so to say) and make it look the way you want... Then bots AI can be coded so that it will work just the way YOU want. But you have to do it YOURSELF since everyone wants sth specific for their game.
So read through the comments you get before you start to tell they are rubbish. If you think that advice you get from smarter people is rubbish, then why do you even bother posting in the forums?
ok calm down! im sorry if i hurt your feelings :lol: