Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

wings3d, textures, arrowkeys...

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
idunno

wings3d, textures, arrowkeys...

Post by idunno »

I recently went through the entire 'Wings 3d to Sandbox' Tutorials and found they worked great! I followed each of the tutorials exactly. But when I tried to load my model it wouldn't work. The text in the corner of the screen says that it 'can't load' my model and I have no idea why. I've tried in both 2.5 and 2.6.1.

Also I copied my map from 2.6.1 to 2.5 and none of the textures loaded correctly. They were either in the wrong spot or the wrong texture altogether. I'm not sure why this happened, because it worked fine when I copied it from 2.5 to 2.6.1.

And the only reason I copied the map back to 2.5 was because the arrowkeys in 2.6.1 aren't working correctly. I have tried to reset the defaults as suggested in previous posts, but I will have to keep doing this each time I load the program. It has happened to me once before and I followed the advice and it worked, but for some reason when I tried to use it again (I haven't used it for a while) nothing worked.

Is there a way to fix any of these problems?
Thanks,
idunno
Attachments
this is how it's supposed to look...
this is how it's supposed to look...
screenshot_141309.png
screenshot_61396.png
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: wings3d, textures, arrowkeys...

Post by chocolatepie33 »

well, in 2.6.1 a lot of textures were removed (I think the dev team's working on removing all non-commercial content), a lot more were added, so the texture slots were changed. You'd have to reset the -art.cfg or something to fix it, I think...
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
ticker
Name: Tom
IRC Username: none

Re: wings3d, textures, arrowkeys...

Post by ticker »

Hi idunno: the arrows problem came up for me too. I found booting up from the CLICK_ME_TO_START.bat file rather than Startup.exe usually fixed things. I also checked out the Wings3D tutorial and turned out a reasonable model but couldn't export to PAS - same msg ... - tickerr