Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Online game??

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
ToastHawaii
Name: Alex

Online game??

Post by ToastHawaii »

Is it possible to create a online game??
so i can play together with my friends...
Timberwolf

Re: Online game??

Post by Timberwolf »

It's possible but it's also very unstable. There is a section on the wiki for starting a game on your network, I'll link it for you.
http://sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/index. ... ve_Editing

Basically you forward the ports on your router through the admin panel, start the server batch file and then everyone (including you) connects with the following command IN GAME: "\connect (insert your IP here)" without the quotes.

Then when everyone is seeing the same map, you can go into edit mode and hit "new map" but before you do, be sure to set your server on COOP mode. To do this just type \coop new

And whenever you see me type a "\" that's the console which can be brought up on screen with the "`" or TIlda key. It's just to the left of that row of numbers on a PC keyboard.
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

You can use hamachi too, it's much easier to use, or you can visit the IRC (http://sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/index. ... t_The_Team) to ask if somebody's already hosting a server, or if you experience any problems with setting up a server or with sandbox in general, you can talk there about other stuff too ;)
ToastHawaii

Post by ToastHawaii »

i meant really playing (not editing together)
so if i finish my game other ppl can play it online :)
Runescapedj

Post by Runescapedj »

You can always get out of edit mode, that's the easiest way to do it, if you want people to talk, it takes much more time, and if the people talk different to everybody else (like have you completed a quest or not?) it may take a huge load of coding, so you can better just turn edit mode off ;) It takes much time to block it for everybody, so you could ask them not to use edit mode and ruin your map, which isn't that bad, if you don't save, but you have to load the map again if that happens.
ToastHawaii

Post by ToastHawaii »

i see
ty :)
Runescapedj

Post by Runescapedj »

You're welcome