Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

question about 2.7

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
esequiel14

question about 2.7

Post by esequiel14 »

I heard that 2.7 will have all non-commercial items removed so i was wondering which textures will be removed anybody knows? When I passed my maps from 2.5 to 2.6.1 I notice that some textures were missing so my maps had textures erros and I had to paint them all over again I want to know which will be removed so I dont use those textures for my future maps and have to do the annoying process of repainting again.
check out my video tutorials and sandbox coolest maps in http://www.youtube.com/user/Esequiel14
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Re: question about 2.7

Post by arcones »

I had the same problem, but my textures were custom so I ported them over to 2.6

I believe most if not all have been removed, but there was a list somewhere in data or packages that included the list of mmodels and possibly textures that needed to be removed.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

the texture references are already removed although the textures are still included in the release.
While we did want to clear out the models as well and provide replacements for the next release, we may save that for a future series (3.x anyone?) so we can release a few updates in the meantime.
Frankly if we cleared out the models now we'd have practically nothing left
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

What about a non-commercial and a commercial version?
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

While it's a fun idea, two different versions would have some interesting dynamics.

One, the license would be different, most likely whatever you make in a commercial game, a certain percentage goes to us (PA). Non-commercial is what we have now. The only real difference would be the art assets, which if you're serious about game making, you could create on your own.

Something else to note is the dev's original purpose of creating a free game engine that's easy to use, not a paid version.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

if anything, we'd move the items that are not entirely free into a bonus content pack of some sort
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless