Slow performance in Big Maps

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the when posting support requests.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Creatorrookie
Name: John
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Slow performance in Big Maps

Postby Creatorrookie » September 22nd, 2009, 8:53 pm

When ever I open huge maps (saved) everything goes slower when ever the screen has to show alot of things at one time. The screen seems to move faster when not alot of things are not in view. If I create a map (size 10+) and add grass, everthing goes slower immediately. When I look at videos made by people from the sandbox, their maps are very large and have so many items in it and go fast! How do I fix this problem?
The rookie in sandbox... :)

GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Re: Slow performance in Big Maps

Postby GR1M » September 22nd, 2009, 9:06 pm

Update your graphics card or get a new computer like me :)

There's also options to turn off water shaders that will help the performance and other things to check it out.

Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Postby Obsidian » September 22nd, 2009, 10:11 pm

GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Postby GR1M » September 23rd, 2009, 11:29 am

That may work some of the time but didn't work for me i did all that, So I'm going to buy a new PC

Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mike » September 25th, 2009, 7:57 am

Use cubes to break up how much your computer can see. Solid geometry like the cubes breaks up what the computer can see. The computer sees right through things such as grass and map models, even if you don't. Also /remip is your friend as it makes the cubes as big as they possibly can be without wrecking your map, which is a huge performance increase if you were using small cubes. Take care!
-mike
We also have a , , and a [/b][/color]!

Return to “Sandbox General Support”