Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Help with game creation

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
asteph28
Name: Andrew
IRC Username: asteph24

Help with game creation

Post by asteph28 »

For the past couple of years I've been working on a first person shooter meets RPG in a classic old west game called Deseret Hollow. I don't have issue, but I would like to know how to do a few things, I've been searching the web for months trying to find out how to make tall yellow grass or weeds in a deseret. also any suggestions on plants or rock models would be helpful. Another question I have is if I could add guns from the original cube 2 engine to use in my game. another question would be, what movie format is used in PAS, and how do you get your movie to play at the intro of you game and for my last question like I think you did in a map you where able to get a train to move I too in my game have a train and would like it to move as well so if you could hel with that. thanks for your time.

asteph28,
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: Help with game creation

Post by chocolatepie33 »

For the grass, you could create a texture which uses 3D grass, such as the aardograss, you would have to model the weeds using a 3D modelling program along with the plants and rocks. You could add the guns back in, I don't know how to do it, the RPG mode uses cutscenes, which are made of scripts, not movie files (look under data/rpg/games/mystara), and I don't know about the trains, it may just be a mapmodel.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
asteph28
Name: Andrew
IRC Username: asteph24

Post by asteph28 »

thanks for your help
DrChef
Name: Luis

Post by DrChef »

the trains were done by making platform entites move through the tracks,
and used teleport enemies to move the train to an underground area, where the train would travel
and eventually reach another teleporter and go back up to the surface, simulating a travelling train
look under the map to see for yourself
:D