Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Problems with Grass and Light

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Enlightment
Name: scott

Problems with Grass and Light

Post by Enlightment »

okay so my grass comes up black when i add it but when i press L in edit mode it goes normal then i press e and the grass is black again :?: But in the village the grass is normal in playmode

okay i spawned a light and it isn't lighting up like the radius isnt lighting up when im in play mode how do i make it so that everywhere else is dark except that one spot..... please help.

here is my grass:
Radder

Re: Problems with Grass and Light

Post by Radder »

You have not calulated the lightmaps for your grass and light. In edit mode, press the escape key and go to editing GUI, Then go to light in the menu. On the left you will see calulate. Click on the button but if you want your added mapmodels to cast shadows grab the "0" with your mouse and push it to the right till it reads the number "2" or "3" before clicking on calulate.This will take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes depending upon your cpu speed and the amount lights and objects you have added to the map. You can do this from the console with commands but this added to the GUI for ease of use.
Enlightment

Post by Enlightment »

FIXED YAY check my awesome waterfall out..... thank you so much man....
CLICK ME
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Post by siimvuss »

erm... wheres the waterfall??
Enlightment

Post by Enlightment »

it was the top of my waterfall ;)