Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

How do I make Entity Tags disappear in gameplay mode?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
De Gnomer
Name: Cliff

How do I make Entity Tags disappear in gameplay mode?

Post by De Gnomer »

What I need help with is getting the entity tags to disappear when I press "E" to exit 'edit mode'. I want to do this in order to make a video of one of my students' levels for a scary level contest without having to actually go through the compiling/bat-to-exe process. The problem with the info I've found here is that too many people are using terminology like "all the files" when referring to what to delete/modify instead of being specific and saying "not the folders though" or something. Either that or they are saying that I need to modify files that don't even exist in the PAS 2.6.1(or2.7) directories (like Leo mentioning a file named "SSP.bat" which I have yet to find, sorry bud). I tried Leo's method of changing the "CLICK_ME_TO_START.bat" file by adding the lines concerning ECHO's but that just loaded up the PAS loading screen and showed the menu(I could switch between the edit mode and normal menu view though lol).

Anyways, what I really need is a way to simply not display entity tags and their little blue particle effects when pressing "E" to switch to game play mode so that they do not show up when I make the video. If that is not possible, a link to ANY detailed tut' on how to export a playable level (one that is ONLY playable) would be great(I've already checked out dageek247's tut' and am about to go through with it).Thanks in advance!
java.x.beast
Name: Addis
IRC Username: javaxbeast

Re: How do I make Entity Tags disappear in gameplay mode?

Post by java.x.beast »

This is not something that can be fixed, at least not yet. It is a bug/glitch in the coding. I would suggest asking Hirato, lead programmer of PAS, for help. You can catch him on the IRC. I, myself, have been trying to fix this. Instead, I switched to RPG mode. It's WAY better. Hope this helped! :D

-Java 8-)
Age of Darkness
Maps: Image
Music: Image
Models: Image
Scripts: Image
Other: Image
Visit the company website: (In progress (Expected to be released in two weeks :uber:) 8-) :D 8-) )
Visit the company page on ModDB: Vulcanis Entertainment
java.x.beast wrote: I got them moves like JAGger!!!
kid matthew
Developer
Developer
Name: Matthew
IRC Username: Kid_matthew

Post by kid matthew »

For video's I recommend in edit mode push Shift 4 and then push E to get out of edit mode.

Cheers,
Matthew
Lost Lands Work In Progress <3 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2522 <3
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

are you in single player or coop-edit mode? it helps to be in sp. This applies to the part about the entity tags.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
De Gnomer
Name: Cliff

Post by De Gnomer »

@java.x.beast: considering the deadline(tonight lol :? ) I don't think I can use that for now but from what I can tell in the forums RPG mode sounds like the way to go from now with my own projects, thanks!

@ kid matthew: awesome, that'll work perfectly!

@chocolatepie33: yeah I was in co-op edit mode, all's good now though :)
KSAICDPAS01
Name: Omar

Post by KSAICDPAS01 »

I have this problem too!!!
java.x.beast
Name: Addis
IRC Username: javaxbeast

Post by java.x.beast »

If you read the all the replies(4), your question should be answered. If you're in coop, switch to sp. For videos, use "Shift+4" in editmode, then exit editmode. If all else fails, switch to RPG.

-Java
Age of Darkness
Maps: Image
Music: Image
Models: Image
Scripts: Image
Other: Image
Visit the company website: (In progress (Expected to be released in two weeks :uber:) 8-) :D 8-) )
Visit the company page on ModDB: Vulcanis Entertainment
java.x.beast wrote: I got them moves like JAGger!!!