Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

How to publish the game? and gui related questions.

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Dan5033

How to publish the game? and gui related questions.

Post by Dan5033 »

I have just finished my short game. I wanted to share the game with my friends to get their opinion. However, I couldn't find a way to publish the game. So, my question is: How do I publish the game into an .exe file like Master Chef Ogro and the others?

My other question is: Are we able to modify the player gui? because in my opinion. The gui provided now is too packed of different attributes and data. If possible I wanted to remove the diplomacy and everything to ease the player.

Is there a way so that the recipe tab in v2.7.1 to show the name of the recipe and ingredients at the same tab? It just makes it easier and less confusing.

Lastly, how do we edit the user interface during the game? So, that I can remove the unnecessary interface.

Thank a bunch in advance.
Tony
Name: Tony

Re: How to publish the game? and gui related questions.

Post by Tony »

Good questions.

Most of which have been addressed at least somewhat in the Wiki.

You're going to want to get comfy in the scripting bits of this, and as for packaging, there is an article about that in the Wiki too.

An installer thing is another story. For that you may wanna get into a little Virtual Basic, or maybe some of the other users here may have a slick script to share.

The GUI is indeed customizable, I haven't got that far yet, but it is doable, and not terrible bad either from what I can tell.
For some stuff though, you really will need to dig kinda deeply into scripting.

I know this reply isn't much direct help, but I hope it points you in the right direction.
Thanks,
- Tony
Rockin' the Web for All the Right Reasons
Image Mind Reading Mastered
Image Canonize Juan Valdez and his Burro
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: How to publish the game? and gui related questions.

Post by chocolatepie33 »

I believe hirato has mentioned this quite a few times, you remove all unnecessary content (which takes up space), then you'd set up the windows batch file so that it loads your first map (within the game), and convert that to an exe. It also helps to remove edit mode and do other things like that, e.g. modifying menus as needed.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!