Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

2.7.1 font problem

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
wildflower
Name: Sandie

2.7.1 font problem

Post by wildflower »

I'm having some problems getting 2.7.1 to run on my system.

I have downloaded 2.7.1, placed it in my home-folder and renamed it .platinumarts (this worked with 2.7.0) :

Code: Select all

sandie@putte:~/.platinumarts$ chmod +x sandbox_unix
sandie@putte:~/.platinumarts$ chmod +x bin/sandbox_client_*
sandie@putte:~/.platinumarts$ ./sandbox_unix
./sandbox_unix: line 132: ./bin/sandbox_client_32_fps: No such file or directory
If I copy the bin-folder from my old 2.7.0 version and run ./sandbox_unix, I get unreadable fonts in the menu and a ton of "unknown command: fonttex".
I have tried the version on http://www.playdeb.net/software/Sandbox%20Game%20Maker and get the same font problem.
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: 2.7.1 font problem

Post by Hirato »

wildflower wrote:I have downloaded 2.7.1, placed it in my home-folder and renamed it .platinumarts (this worked with 2.7.0)
~/.platinumarts is supposed to be a directory for YOUR stuff, that is SEPARATE from sandbox itself. don't do that
wildflower wrote:If I copy the bin-folder from my old 2.7.0 version and run ./sandbox_unix, I get unreadable fonts in the menu and a ton of "unknown command: fonttex".
You don't suppose that's the problem, do you? using an old, out of date binary, compiled for the PREVIOUS version of sandbox?

I have absolutely no idea why slightly older versions of Linux pretend the binaries I compiled don't exist (ie, your "No such file or directory" error), I can use ldd to see its links, I can use cat to view every single byte of them, but I can't run them as the shell for some stupid reason reports "there is no such file".
You'll probably need to compile your own for now, if you have the libraries, it should be as easy as make -C src install...
I think I'll go make a sticky to that effect...
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
wildflower
Name: Sandie

Re: 2.7.1 font problem

Post by wildflower »

Thanks, compiling did the trick :D

cd into src dir an run :
fromdos enet/* && fromdos enet/*/* && chmod +x enet/configure && make install