Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Movie Recorder is not working!!!

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
ICD-DIMENSION-1
Name: Omar

Movie Recorder is not working!!!

Post by ICD-DIMENSION-1 »

Movie Recorder is not working!!! I could record and stop the video, but when I watch the video in a video viewer, the video just is frozen like a picture, but the video viewer is not, and my computer is not. I tried another video viewer and it still didn't work!!! Please Help!!!
Last edited by ICD-DIMENSION-1 on April 8th, 2012, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: Movie Recorder is not working!!!

Post by chocolatepie33 »

what movie player are you using? I just quickly created a movie (to test), and it's laggy in Quicktime, but that's it. However, it doesn't work at all in Windows Media Player, like you described. Weird. I'd recommend you download and use VLC media player, as of the three I tested, that one worked the best for me. I'm assuming that there's something wrong with how WMP reads .avi files or something.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
ICD-DIMENSION-1
Name: Omar

Post by ICD-DIMENSION-1 »

chocolatepie33 wrote:what movie player are you using? I just quickly created a movie (to test), and it's laggy in Quicktime, but that's it. However, it doesn't work at all in Windows Media Player, like you described. Weird. I'd recommend you download and use VLC media player, as of the three I tested, that one worked the best for me. I'm assuming that there's something wrong with how WMP reads .avi files or something.
I used windows movie viewer and that didn't work so I tried realplayer and that didn't work too!!! The file type it is AVI (Video Clip).
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

like I previously mentioned, download VLC Media Player and try that.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

Microsoft really just provides token support for OpenDML.
I won't say it's fantastic in open source utilities either, most of them only pick up the first chunk when you examine the file.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless