A few questions from a complete coding noob!!!

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the when posting support requests.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
WraithLink
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A few questions from a complete coding noob!!!

Postby WraithLink » May 9th, 2012, 1:20 am

So I've never coded ANYTHING in my entire life. But I downloaded PAS because I'm lookin to make game creation my career. I finished the RPG tutorial and I understand some of it, but I have some possibly over-asked questions:

1. A: is it possible to make ur character fly via a button command (ex double pushing jump) or fly at all? Perhaps by copying the edit mode movment into character movment, removing the editing part of it, and then mapping said function to a button?
B: and if so, how would I map functions to specific keys?
2. Is there any site out there that gives a little more detail into how the scripts work? I entered the correct script so it all works, but I don't know why/how, or how to manipulate it for my own game designs.
3. Does anyone have some cool spell scripts they'd b willing to share? I'm having trouble figuring out how to create them. Also where are the spell cfg's supposed to b saved?
4. Is it possible to make recipes spawn a critter instead of an item? And would it b possible to make a mapmodel into a craft station (ex a forge)
5. Is it possible to make spells that manipulate attributes/resistences?
6. how do u edit your characters initial stats and inventory items so they start with that?
7. It seems when u start a game u have to manually spawn everything, if I spawned the entities and triggers in edit mode and saved the map would they appear there from then on?
LAST ONE: how do u add an opening title sequence? Such as; title, credits, press start to begin etc etc. Then once this is accomplished, and new game is selected, can u rig it where u select one of 3 types of characters, having each character begin with different stats and spells, and only able to learn spells I can deem specific to their char type?

I know this is a lot but if someone could take the time to answer even ONE of these questions itd b greatly appreciated!!!

kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Re: A few questions from a complete coding noob!!!

Postby kddekadenz » May 9th, 2012, 11:50 am

is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox

WraithLink

Postby WraithLink » May 9th, 2012, 12:20 pm

1. And there's no other way u can think of?
2. So the spell itself goes in items and its status effects/ visuals go in effects?
6. Ok so ID is the item name, amount is obvious, and for beggining stats I'd do the same thing, but with stats?
8. How would I go about that? Not looking for anything fancy just a simple title. And that's ok if its hard I got tons of time lol

WraithLink

Postby WraithLink » May 9th, 2012, 12:23 pm

Oh and 2. I went thru the tutorial start to finish, I was wondering if there's a site that gives a more detailed breakdown of each step so that I kno why it works the way it does?

kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Postby kddekadenz » May 10th, 2012, 12:03 pm

is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox

chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Postby chocolatepie33 » May 13th, 2012, 6:18 pm

Return to “Sandbox General Support”